Senior Technical Writer (Contract)
Product Management | Redwood City, CA | Contract
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Interested in what it’s like to work at Turn? Listen to what our employees have to say at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Turn is looking for a contract Senior Technical Writer based out of our Redwood City, CA office to maintain end-user contextual online help, knowledge base articles, and interactive web-based training materials for Turn’s Campaign Suite and Audience Suite products. There might be additional work in the future as we add new functionality to the Turn Cloud Marketing Platform. Applicants should have a desire to deeply understand Turn’s web-based applications and become an expert user.
Please be prepared to provide writing samples upon request.
- Write end-user knowledge base articles and self-service eLearning training materials (conceptual and procedural-based writing) that describe the functionality of Turn’s web-based applications
- Write documentation for a diverse group of users at a variety of technical proficiency levels
- Edit documentation for completeness, style, and accuracy to ensure it reflects Turn’s commitment to quality
- Use effective project management to meet established deadlines
- Work with subject matter experts (SMEs) and our Training group in creating and reviewing articles and training materials
- BA/BS in Technical Communications, English, or Computer Science. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted. Master's Degree in a related field is a plus.
- 3+ years of technical writing experience. With emphasis on developing and delivering knowledge base content and web-based training
Experience with the following software packages is a must:
- MadCap Flare or other comparable help system authoring tools
- Atlassian Confluence or other comparable wiki-based content management systems. Writer must have a firm grasp of wiki syntax and wiki-content organization.
- Adobe Captivate or other comparable eLearning authoring tools
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Outstanding analytical and written communication skills
- Experience with the online advertising market or direct marketing is a plus
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.