Senior System Administrator – Datacenter Operations
Technical Operations | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Experienced engineer with a a background in setting up, maintaining, and troubleshooting a heterogeneous multi co-lo datacenter network. Must be comfortable with a fast-paced, quick growing environment where flexibility and commitment to task are integral to success.
Will be responsible for leadership in organizing the common infrastructure components and network services into a well documented and easily deployable system. Daily monitoring of the network, maintenance tasks on various pieces of hardware, trouble shooting and to actively recommend upgrades and changes. Experience working with power calculations, machine layout and density, creating rack elevation diagrams, writing RFPs, and working with vendors. The successful candidate should be equally at home presenting in front of an executive team as hands-on writing scripts, troubleshooting complex issues, and racking & stacking machines and running cables in the data center.
Technical expertise, a great work ethic, ability to take on and solve hard problems, patience, organization, resiliency to change are requirements to succeed in our organization. Documentation, clear communication, project management, and people skills are also a must.
- Expertise in modern server hardware and disk subsystems
- Thorough knowledge of Linux operating system
- Ability to work hard and during off business hours to solve problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- At least 5 years of network management expertise in a co-located environment
- Working knowledge of firewalls and load balancers
- Hands on work style
- Creative problem solving
- Must thrive in an fast pace/challenging environment
- Database knowledge (MS SQL, Oracle) a plus
- Good clear communication
- High personal drive; Self motivated/self starter
For immediate consideration, CLICK HERE to send us your resume and cover letter. Please reference “Senior Systems Administrator - Datacenter Operations” in the subject field. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no agencies, please.