Senior Sales Planner - New York
Sales | New York, NY | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Interested in what it’s like to work at Turn? Listen to what our employees have to say at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Turn is seeking an experienced Sales Planner to lead and manage Turn’s pre-sales process. We are looking for a highly motivated, driven, and detailed-oriented individual to play a critical role in our overall success. The Sales Planner will have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the digital advertising business, help drive growth by generating industry leading proposals, identify opportunities for optimizing our process, and work with nearly every company team including Sales, Client Services, Business Development, Marketing, and Product.
Ideally, this candidate will have interactive advertising experience, analytical, sound technical aptitude, and effective writing skills with the easy ability to generate concise, compelling presentations. Previous digital media planning or account experience is a definite plus. The right candidate will be exceptionally organized and strong desire to excel, self sufficient with solid communication skills and the ability to work on multiple ongoing projects.
- Oversees the execution, on time completion and fulfillment of all inbound requests for proposal (RFPs) through collaboration with account executives and cross functional teams.
- Crafts the most effective response based on RFP requirements while maximizing Turn’s product offerings and custom solutions around insightful targeting, optimal audience data segments, and proven media channels and sources.
- Enters proposals and updates into sales system as required.
- Provides pre- and post-sales operations support to Account Executive Sales Team by assisting in filling out spec templates, addressing and resolving any questions or issues related to proposals, and thorough follow up on proposals.
- Delivers constant, superior customer service both internally and externally.
- Develops deep understanding of Turn’s products and positioning, and maintains knowledge of best practices across all digital media channels such as Display, Video, and Mobile.
- Ensures that the account executive team has the required sales materials and support information for all RFP responses and meetings by building out and maintaining a repository
- Works with client services and ad operations teams to review campaigns and create post-campaign reports for advertisers
- Generate sales tracking tools and prepares sales reports.
- Continue to optimize and streamline the proposal process of information gathering, presentation generation, and proposal data entry in relevant systems.
- B.S. or B.A. preferably in Marketing, Advertising, or Human Sciences.
- 2-5 years of digital media experience with agency or direct advertiser preferred.
- Understanding of digital advertising industry including demonstrated proficiency in digital media math and analysis.
- Knowledge of third party research tools such as ComScore MediaMetrix, Nielsen’s AdRelevance, Kantara, Omniture, and @Plan strongly desired.
- Experience with online advertising management (ad serving) systems a major plus.
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM system and interactive advertising tools such as MediaVisor, MediaBank, and, iDesk.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Advanced data analysis, strong technical aptitude, and problem solving skills desired.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic; desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Comfortable in a deadline driven environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Outstanding organizational, attention to detail, and successfully juggle multiple projects.
- Must be a team player while able to work independently.
Location: New York
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.