Senior Product Marketing Manager, Data Warehousing and Analytics
Market Solutions | New York, NY | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Turn's new Senior Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing crisp, effective positioning and messaging around Turn Datamine, Turn’s proprietary data warehousing platform built for ’big data’ marketing analytics. This role will ensure that key internal Turn stakeholders (e.g. Marketing Communications, PR, Sales, Client Services, and senior management) have the core content required to accurately position Datamine to their constituents by delivering the core set of messages and product description documents. He or she will ensure that Datamine product marketing strategies and go-to-market plans are executed on schedule and with high visibility.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of marketing success within an enterprise data warehousing software company, and understand how the proper use of data helps marketers accomplish increasingly sophisticated advertising goals. He or she will be expert in translating highly technical features into benefits, and will have a deep understanding of database technologies, business intelligence (BI) technologies, and an understanding of how marketing analytics can be applied to improve advertising strategies and media buying ROI.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager will report to Turn’s Director of Product Marketing and work closely with Turn employees within the company’s sales, marketing, product, engineering and client services teams. Past experience within companies involved with databases or big data technologies like Hadoop, Cassandra, or MongoDB is required, and an understanding of how marketers best utilize data platforms to develop consumer and advertising insights is strongly preferred.
- Formulate and execute product positioning, messaging, and go to market plans for the data warehousing product(s)
- Be the day-to-day manager for Turn’s go-to-market execution for data warehousing
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, and operations to translate product capabilities into accurate features and benefits messaging
- Collaborate with marketing and sales to translate product capabilities into effective solution stories
- Work with client services to capture customer successes for use in case studies and other marketing materials
- Be an evangelist for Turn Datamine both inside and outside Turn
- Hands-on content creation including authoring data sheets, solution briefs, PowerPoint presentations, whitepapers and blogs
- Manage cross-functional implementations to execute, measure and refine go-to-market strategies including messaging, training, sales enablement and product/feature launches
- Represent the company at customer briefings, partner meetings and industry events
- 5-10 years total experience marketing within an enterprise software organization with an emphasis on databases/ big data analytics/NoSQL technologies
- Experience marketing enterprise software is required; experience marketing internet advertising products and an understanding of advertiser marketing strategies and tactics is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop product positioning and messaging
- Proven track record in developing highly effective sales presentations and collateral
- Prior experience in product marketing for a technology and/or digital media company strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of B2B marketing, software-as-a-service, and the digital advertising ecosystem is a significant plus
- Demonstrated success in working within cross functional teams and effective project management and analytical/decision-making skills
- Self-starter, high-energy, with ability to execute on business objectives
- Strong teamwork and inter-personal skills
- BA or BS required; MS or MBA preferred
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
- See more at: http://www.turn.com/career-opportunities/business-development-manager#sthash.H06px6mf.dpuf