Senior Manager, Emerging Media - Redwood City
Sales | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
The Senior Manager of Emerging Media will be responsible for building a global pipeline and securing market leading direct and agency advertiser relationships, as well as securing relationships with traditional broadcast media buyers for Turn. This key role is being added to ensure that Turn’s current leadership position in video, mobile, and social advertising technology and services continues to accelerate on a global basis both as a stand-alone business and as part of our vertically integrated, cross-channel solution for ad agencies and global 2,000 marketers
The Senior Manager of Emerging Media will work collaboratively with the Emerging Media, Global Agency, Client Services, Professional Services, and Business Development teams to close strategic global accounts and deliver Turn license fee and variable margin revenue. The Senior Manager of Emerging Media will play a key role in expanding direct client revenue and providing market feedback for ongoing product enhancements. As an integral part of the Emerging Media team, this role will be responsible for educating advertisers and agencies about the value of Turn’s products, providing face to face demonstrations of the Turn console and making recommendations how they can best be leveraged to achieve specific client goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate will have an expert understanding of emerging video, mobile, and social advertising technologies, combined with an understanding of the convergence between traditional broadcast and digital ecosystem on a global basis. Prior platform sales or equivalent experience is required due to the highly technical nature of Turn’s products. Prior experience in providing advertiser solutions in video, mobile, and social advertising technology and services to marketers is a must. Exceptional communication and influence management skills are required to inspire and coordinate cross-functional teams distributed across five continents. Significant travel to support strategic client and partner meetings should be expected.
- Self-starter capable of thriving in a growth stage company environment.
- Play a key role on the Turn team, selling emerging advertising products into high value brand advertiser/agency accounts.
- Ability to develop a well thought out global advertiser plan that will achieve revenue goals, new client acquisition targets and MBO targets.
- Strong consultative sales skills, relationship building, external and internal customer satisfaction management.
- Ability to partner with Client Services team and other internal groups to provide the best customer experience for our clients.
- Champion the needs of advertisers and agencies to ensure the features and processes they need are built into the platform
- Represent Turn at high stakes customer briefings, partner meetings and global industry events
- Engage with Turn's executive team on an ongoing basis to communicate advertiser requirements
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years selling online advertising solutions, digital media, online analytics
- Must have had significant success in media sales, with a specific focus on emerging media (video, mobile, social) advertising
- Must have extensive experience of (and be passionate about) building and growing successful relationships with media agencies
- Must have a demonstrable track record of commercial success and revenue growth
- High energy, natural entrepreneur
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience presenting to executives
- Superior project management and analytical/decision-making skills
- Strong leadership and inter-personal skills
- Ability to multitask, change priorities rapidly and work under pressure
- MBA or an equivalent advanced business management degree required
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.