Senior Database Administrator / DB Architect
Technical Operations | Redwood City, CA
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Interested in what it’s like to work at Turn? Listen to what our employees have to say at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Join the Revolution
Meet Turn. We’re a fast-growing, global software-as-a-service company operating at the intersection of big data and online advertising. We think big, we foster true collaboration, and we’re not afraid of ideas that reinvent and reinterpret what came before. Our team shares a common purpose: to shape the future of marketing. If you’re passionate about making an impact and have the skills to back it up, we want you.
Turn is looking for a highly skilled Oracle and MySQL expert to join our DevOps team. We are growing rapidly and need help scaling our database infrastructure. You will provide technical expertise in design, implementation and maintenance of company's database systems.
- Management and operations of Turn's database infrastructure
- Work closely with the Engineering team on database design and architecture
- Play a major role in the design and implementation of the backup, recovery and DR strategy for the Turn Campaign and Audience Platforms
- Performance analysis and optimization
- Database monitoring and capacity planning
- Perform database upgrades and security patches
- Evaluation of new database technology
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Overall DBA experience of at least 10-15 years, with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience managing a large database (Internet scale) in 24x7 environment.
- BS/MS in a technical field or demonstrated equivalent working experience
- Hands on administration experience in Oracle 11g and MySQL
- Experience working in production, Linux based environment
- High degree of proficiency in SQL and Python/Perl/Ruby
- System administration experience is highly desired
- Must have expertise in utilities and tools like SQL*PLUS, SQL*Loader, Import/Export, data pump, Enterprise Manager and Capacity Planner.
- Extensive knowledge in implementation of ASM, RAC and Data Guard
- Knowledge of various hot backup and recovery scenarios using RMAN
- Experience with distributed database systems is a plus (Riak, Voldemort etc)
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.