Security Architect – Technical Operations
Corporate IT | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
About Turn Inc.
Turn was founded to bring the efficiencies of search advertising to online display. We are a software and services company with the industry’s only end-to-end platform for delivering the most effective data-driven digital advertising in the world. Our self-service interface, optimization algorithms, real-time analytics, interoperability, and scalable infrastructure represent the future of media and data management. The world’s premier advertising agencies and brands use the Turn Platform to harness data to target custom audiences at scale, optimize performance, and globally manage campaigns across inventory sources.
The company is based in Silicon Valley with locations in New York City, Charlotte, Chicago, London, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
You will be a critical member of the Technical Operations team for a fast-growing, successful start-up in the online data-driven advertising business. This team is responsible for the continuous, successful operation of our company’s core assets – the engine of our business.
In this role, you will be the authority on our security infrastructure and operations, and will be a key member in improving and implementing new security mechanisms and policies to bring us to a world-class organization in the security world.
Responsible for the analysis of our existing system and infrastructure, vulnerability assessment, comparative analysis, understanding and documentation of customer security requirements, and internal project requirements and design / implementation for security improvement.
The incumbent will be an experienced security professional with creative thinking, enthusiasm for designing and documenting system architecture, an ability to perform system implementation, and management of existing and/or training of new technical resources to complete project goals.
- BS/MS in Computer Science / Engineering or a related technical field from a top university, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- At least 5-8 years’ experience working security analysis and implementation roles, including complete end-to-end project designs and successful management of multiple projects from start to finish..
- Solid understanding of Unix-related network services, advanced TCP/IP networking, PXE booting, Juniper and Cisco network architectures.
- Experience deploying distributed monitoring infrastructure with a large web-based company
- Be prepared to name your favorite security-related RFC, describe how you implemented its key features, what its shortcomings were, and how your contributed your work back to the security community. Bonus points for security conference presentations and publications.
- Core contributor to open source security projects
- Experience in Java Web Server (Tomcat) environments
- Experience in LAMP Stack administration, bonus points for FreeBSD.
- Experience in Cloud Computing, corporate IT network / Wi-Fi
- Publications in the field of security operational infrastructure and algorithm / system design.