Sales Consultant - New York
Sales Engineering | New York, NY | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Turn is seeking Sales Consultants to join our rapidly growing team and support San Francisco, Redwood City and the New York offices. Reporting to the Director of Sales Engineering, the Sales Consultant is the primary technical resource for the field sales force when selling Turn’s platform technology to our most strategic prospects and accounts at ad agencies, global 2,000 brands and other digital marketing services providers. The Sales Consultant is also a resource and partner to the Business Development and Product Management teams to lead integration and deployment for our ecosystem of platform partners. The Sales Consultant is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders as the key technical adviser and product advocate for our products. The Sales Consultant will also facilitate ongoing collection of feature requests and technical integration for prospect and existing clients. The Sales Consultant must be fluent in articulating technology and product positioning to both business and technical audiences, and establish and maintain strong customer relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- Development and delivery of high stakes sales presentations, and product demonstrations for new prospects and existing clients
- Supporting Sales teams by authoring responses to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Evaluating clients’ 1st and 3rd party data integration, digital media buying, and technology vendor requirements, and developing integration strategies for the Turn’s platform
- Solution data management platform for prospects and clients
- Sell Turn’s end-to-end marketing platform
- Collecting and documenting customer requirements and develop use-cases for the Product Management team
- Conduct market research and contribute to go-to-market strategy and tactics for the Product Marketing team
- Traveling extensively within a regional market to support multiple Sales Executives
- Evangelizing the product to existing clients and at field events such as industry tradeshows, training seminars, and private sales events
- Sales technology solution design and support for the Marketing departments of global 2,000 brands, advertising agencies, or equivalent digital marketing services providers
- Sales proposal authoring
- Solution development/consulting
- Data management platform selling and solution generation
- Ad serving technology assessments and selling
- PowerPoint presentation authoring
Ideal candidates are self-motivated with a proven track record in Big Data analytic platform, Data Management Platform, Demand Side Platform, Ad Exchange or Third Party Ad Server deployments within Turn’s target markets. They will have extensive knowledge of ad industry technologies including auction-based ad exchanges, ad serving, behavioral targeting, performance optimization and analytics. They will have knowledge of data management platforms, industry landscape and business uses. An ideal candidate is comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization that develops leading edge technologies which require expanding your knowledge on a monthly and even weekly basis, all within a dramatically expanding customer base. They must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports. Organized and analytical, candidates must be able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches. They must also be prepared for extensive travel that may be scheduled on short notice.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Economics, Business Administration, or any analytical/quantitative discipline is preferred
- 5+ years relevant strategic level experience in marketing technology deployments
- Advanced knowledge of display advertising exchanges, behavioral targeting, and performance-based optimization strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of data management platforms (DMPs)
- Ability to clearly articulate technical solutions to prospects/clients during sales processes
- Ability to manage multiple accounts at once
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Exceptional large audience presentation skills
Locations: New York, NY
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.