Reporting Systems Engineer
Engineering | Redwood City, CA
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
We are a rapidly growing, well funded startup in Redwood City, CA, with a growing business, a working business model and a seasoned executive team. We’re changing the way the world thinks about online advertising and we are looking for talented engineers to help us take it to the next level.
If you’re passionate about database performance, dimensional modeling, state of the art reporting systems and multi terabyte data warehouses, and are interested in joining a world class engineering team you might well be the person we’re looking for. This hands-on role contributes to the organization's success through expertise in data modeling, advanced database programming, and database architecture and configuration. Qualified individuals will have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, distributed computing, large scale data processing as well as mastery of database designs and data warehousing.
Because we are a small team, your ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, in oral and written forms, and solve complex problems in a team environment will also be considered.
Buzzwords: data aggregation, database performance, data warehousing, queries, business critical systems
- Scale the ad network – work on tuning and optimizing the delivery of ads in a network with thousands concurrent events, unique data scalability challenges and advanced ad selection techniques
- Database applications – Work with a group of engineers to help design and implement business and consumer based database applications. This will support large-scale, online application infrastructure in a 24x7 environment
- Collaboration on requirements – Work with the Engineering, Product Management and Sales teams to come up with features that would help us and our clients be more productive and improve the bottom line
- Keep it running – Help troubleshoot application operational issues.
- A degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (BS) is a must.
- Experience with Java, C++ or C# is a must.
- 1-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with database systems, advanced applications building, large scale data processing or application partitioning or is a must.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of relational databases a must
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of modern operating systems and/or application scalability techniques is a plus.
- Must be hard working, team oriented, bright, creative, cooperative, and an exceptional problem solver
- Must be able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical implementation
- Must be able to shepherd collaboration on projects between many teams, help with requirements gathering and end user training when the project is complete.
- Experience with Linux based OSs is a plus.
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.