Release and Tools Engineer
Engineering | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
About Turn Inc.
Turn was founded to bring the efficiencies of search advertising to online display. We are a software and services company with the industry’s only end-to-end platform for delivering the most effective data-driven digital advertising in the world. Our self-service interface, optimization algorithms, real-time analytics, interoperability, and scalable infrastructure represent the future of media and data management. The world’s premier advertising agencies and brands use the Turn Platform to harness data to target custom audiences at scale, optimize performance, and globally manage campaigns across inventory sources.
The company is based in Silicon Valley with locations in New York City, Charlotte, Chicago, London, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.As part of the Application Operations team, the Release Engineer will be responsible for company’s deployment strategy and procedures. You will also be responsible for managing various development tools (source control, bug tracking etc). You will be a primary person to manage, coordinate and perform the releases to our production environment. You will be working closely with development, test and operations teams to improve and automate the release process and to maximize system availability and stability. This is a great opportunity for a seasoned engineer to apply his or her craft in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment.
- Design, maintain and develop deployment strategy and procedures
- Plan and execute frequent launches of our production services
- Manage release dependencies and conflicts and coordinate with stakeholders
- Provide support for jira, hudson, svn/git, confluence and other tools
- Manage and enhance in-house developed release management tools
- Document deployment and troubleshooting procedures
- 3-5 years in release engineering or Linux system administration
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Hands on knowledge and understanding of continuous integration (hudson) and source control tools (svn, git)
- Experience with UNIX/Linux scripting (shell/python/ruby/perl etc.)
- Experience with SQL
- Be self-motivated and a team player
- Bachelor's degree in computer related field, or equivalent work experience