Product Manager, Platform/APIs
Platform Engineering | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
About Turn Inc.
Turn was founded to bring the efficiencies of search advertising to online display. We are a software and services company with the industry’s only end-to-end platform for delivering the most effective data-driven digital advertising in the world. Our self-service interface, optimization algorithms, real-time analytics, interoperability, and scalable infrastructure represent the future of media and data management. The world’s premier advertising agencies and brands use the Turn Platform to harness data to target custom audiences at scale, optimize performance, and globally manage campaigns across inventory sources.
The company is based in Silicon Valley with locations in New York City, Charlotte, Chicago, London, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
As a result of our industry’s continued growth and success of our platform, we are searching for a Product Manager to help drive the ongoing development of our third party integrations. This seasoned Product Manager will work as a part of a cross-functional team responsible for defining and developing, and enhancing Turn’s open platform and API initiatives. Working with internal and external clients the Product Manager will identify business-building opportunities for using APIs to integrate data and technology partners with the Turn software platform. The Product Manager will be a subject matter expert for the online display advertising industry, perform competitive analyses, gather market requirements, author market requirement and product requirement documents (MRD and PRD), assist with product marketing, and provide pre-sales support and post-sales training.
- Coordinate with all participants in the Turn ecosystem (vendors, end users, developers) to develop strategy for, and enhancements to Turn’s open API offerings
- Responsible for managing market research and opportunity assessment on new ideas and concepts
- Through matrixed resources, oversee the development and deployment of API capabilities and third party integrations with the Turn Platform.
- Work as a part of a highly collaborative cross-functional team to oversee the planning, development and design of strategy from product initiation decision through the end of the product life cycle.
- Build relationships with customers to garner feedback for development of product offerings. Present products to internal and external customers at a senior level.
- Work with Product Marketing on the execution of advertising, promotional, and sales programs to help evangelize adoption of Turn open APIs.
- Be the visible advocate for your products internally and externally
- 3-5 years of Product Management experience, preferably in the online advertising, e-commerce, or other digital space
- Prior experience in establishing or extending a Web Service/API offering for a large, high availability application or SaaS platform
- Experience authoring MRDs and PRDs for business software delivered in a hosted service environment
- Direct experience interacting with a technical customer base, including software engineers and web developers
- Exceptional written, verbal communications and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience and/or strong desire to work in a fast moving entrepreneurial environment
- Experience in a Software as a Service (SaaS) environment, including fostering and realizing cross product integrations
- Knowledge of web standards, design and usability
- Prior Product Management experience with agile/incremental development approaches and cross-functional work environments
- Aptitude for working with internal and external stakeholders to define requirements and quantify market opportunities – then driving them to realization
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage different groups and personalities to achieve consensus
- Attention to detail, while having comfort with ambiguity
- BS in analytic or engineering-related field; MBA or MS in a quantitative or analytical discipline desired.