Product Management | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
As a result of our industry’s continued growth and success of our platform, we are searching for a Product Manager to help drive the continued success of our Turn Cloud Marketing Platform and the Turn Audience Suite. This seasoned Product Manager will work as a part of a cross-functional team tasked with developing leading edge data driven products and features within Turn Audience Suite.
Working with internal and external clients the Product Manager will identify opportunities to enhance the Turn Audience Suite data ingestion and synchronization capabilities. This will include developing products and features to enhance and extend the ingestion of data from digital media, social media, content management systems, and 1st and 3rd party data sources including CRM data. A successful result includes ensuring the platform can scale and continue to be a self-service platform complete with monitoring, and altering features to ensure the health of data loads and outbound audience synchronizations.
Leveraging the knowledge gained from extending and developing Turn’s data ingestion and audience synchronization, work with cross-functional teams to enhance Turn’s “big data” capabilities. This can include extending current functionalities and helping to build products and services centered around big data to increase Turn’s appeal and fit for clients outside of the current media-focused base.
The Product Manager will be a subject matter expert for the online display advertising industry and CRM database technologies. The PM will perform competitive analyses, gather market requirements, author market requirement and product requirement documents (MRD and PRD), assist with product marketing, and provide pre-sales support and post-sales training.
- Coordinate with all participants in the Turn ecosystem (vendors, end users, developers) to develop strategy for, and enhancements to Turn’s Audience Platform technology stack.
- Responsible for developing a scalable product strategy around data ingestion and synchronization of data from multiple sources including: 1st and 3rd party data providers, ad servers, DSPs and Publishers, ad networks, and content delivery systems. This may include challenging current designs.
- Through matrixed resources, oversee the development of tools to monitor, manage, and view data as it is flowing into and out of the platform and generate alerts when anomalies arise
- Long-range development of additional big data components to expand upon Turn’s already extensive big data capabilities to broaden the appeal of Turn beyond the current media-centric client base
- Build relationships with customers to garner feedback for development of product offerings. Present products to internal and external customers at a senior level.
- Work with Product Marketing on the execution of advertising, promotional, and sales programs to help evangelize the Turn Audience Platform new and existing features
- Be the visible advocate for your products internally and externally
- 3-5 years of Product Management experience, preferably in the online advertising, e-commerce, or other digital space
- Prior experience in data driven analytics, database marketing, digital advertising, direct marketing, or SaaS platforms
- Experience authoring MRDs and PRDs for business software delivered in a hosted service environment
- Technical skills and demonstrated direct experience interacting with a technical customer base, including software engineers and web developers
- Exceptional written, verbal communications and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience and/or strong desire to work in a fast moving entrepreneurial environment
- Experience in a Software as a Service (SaaS) environment, including fostering and realizing cross product integrations
- Knowledge of Data Management Platforms, Demand Side Platforms and the digital media ecosystem
- Prior Product Management experience with agile/incremental development approaches and cross-functional work environments
- Aptitude for working with internal and external stakeholders to define requirements and quantify market opportunities – then driving them to realization
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage different groups and personalities to achieve consensus
- Attention to detail, while having comfort with ambiguity
- BS in analytic or engineering-related field; MS in a quantitative or analytical discipline desired.
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.