Finance | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Interested in what it’s like to work at Turn? Listen to what our employees have to say at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
The successful candidate will have 5-7 years experience in global payroll processing with accounting background. Efficiently partners with the Human Resources department on a daily basis. Possesses in-depth knowledge in multi-states payroll processing. Takes ownership on all internal and compliance deadlines. Takes pride in providing excellent customer service and ability to communicate with clarity.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate payroll processing in and funding semi-monthly payroll.
- Obtains accurate/complete information to process payroll. Maintains payroll related records recording the accumulation and use of vacations, holidays, and leaves of absence.
- Obtains accurate information to process voluntary deductions including, but not limited to group health, life, disability insurance premiums, levies and garnishments.
- Researches any new directives from government incentives/plans and recommends treatment of changes to payroll processing and impact on financial accounting.
- Performs internal payroll audits and prepares documents for various audits requirements. Prepares accurate reports and drafts responses to related inquiries.
- Extremely knowledgeable in multi-state payroll and multiple pay dates. Acts as a liaison with the Department of Labor provides data and reports upon request.
- Develops and recommends best practice in payroll and document process.
- Responsible for yearly non-discrimination testing and census for Flexplan and 401(k) plan.
- Responsible for yearly city tax filings such as SF Business Registration and other tax reports.
- Responsible for Unemployment Tax Registration as new state offices open or remote employees.
- Responsible for year-end reports such as W2s, earnings/deduction elements, and tax jurisdictions for each state. Prepare and enter GTL and Third-party sick pay and adjustment runs as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and complete payroll information for ALL international entities.
- Responsible for timely funding of international trustee accounts for payroll and expenses payment.
- Responsible to communicate to outsourced accountants for timely global payroll processing.
- Owns/manages changes including commission/bonus pay-out, new hires and terminations.
- Owns/manages deadlines for compliance filing and returns in tax jurisdictions.
- Assists in implementation of additional international payroll.
- Establishes practical procedures and develops analytics to ensure reasonableness on a monthly basis.
- Maintains the payroll journal and ensures disbursements are properly recorded.
- Responsible for timely processing of recruiting and compensation-related payables.
- Owns payroll-related GL accounts for reconciliation, analysis schedules.
- Documents established procedures and develops analytics to ensure reasonableness on a monthly basis.
- Assists in month-end close on analyzing compensation-related accounts.
- Performs departmental benefits expenses allocation, facilities expenses allocation and assists in other areas as needed.
- Bachelor degree in business administration, preferably accounting background
- 5 to 7 years experience in payroll administration and accounting duties
- Plus: Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) and Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) for payroll professionals.
- Hands on knowledge of payroll and accounting software. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent planning and time management
- Excellent communications skills – ability to compose effective and accurate correspondence. Assertive yet able to use discretionary tactics in communicating
- Reliable and responsive. Flexible to take on ad-hoc projects
- Experienced in Fidelity eWorkplace, Fidelity PSW, and SilkRoad HRIS preferred
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.