Operations Architect, Hadoop
Technical Operations | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Champaign, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
At Turn, we have productized big data analytics and are building petabyte scale data-warehouse infrastructure by leveraging open source technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Pig and more. We are seeking a data and metrics driven subject matter expert on hadoop and other data processing technologies. If you’re passionate about Big Data, love working with bleeding edge technologies and want the influence to make a difference, this is the perfect role for you.
- Architect and build Turn's multi-petabyte scale big data hadoop infrastructure
- Develop monitoring and performance metrics for Hadoop clusters.
- Document designs and procedures for building and managing Hadoop clusters.
- Partner with Hadoop developers in building best practices for Warehouse and Analytics environment.
- Automate deployment, management and self-serve troubleshooting applications.
- Define and evolve existing architecture to scale with growth data volume, users and usage. Investigate emerging technologies relevant to our needs.
- Mentor Sr. Hadoop Administrators on hadoop cluster management best practices
- BS/MS degree in computer science or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a design/architect role scaling multi-petabyte Hadoop clusters
- Experience engaging with data scientists and data analysts to solve business problems with parallel processing technologies.
- Expert understanding with Hadoop, Hbase, Hive, Pig, HDFS, Zookeeper and other components of the Hadoop stack
- Expert understanding of the Apache Hadoop ecosystem, Hadoop use cases, competition, issues, and technology.
- Expert development experience with at least two of the following: Java, C, Perl, Python, Ruby.
- Understanding of algorithms and statistical software packages such as “R” and SAS.
- Knowledge of common ETL packages / libraries.
- Strong knowledge of open source monitoring tools such as Nagios, Graphite, Ganglia
- Strong Linux administration and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of OpenTSDB, Kafka, Cassandra, Storm a plus.
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.