Network Engineer - IT
Technical Operations | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
As part of the IT Networking group within Technical Operations, the IT Network Engineer will be an integral part of the growth and operational improvements underway at Turn. This is an opportunity for a seasoned engineer to apply his or her craft in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment. Our business is growing quickly, and we need to continue building our global network infrastructure to match that growth. The IT Network Engineer will be responsible for implementation and operation of Turn’s IT network that spans locations around the world.
A successful candidate for this position will be a generalist with experience in layered network architecture, system design, intra- and inter-domain routing protocols, name service operations, voice and video networks, and security / threat mitigation. This is a chance to work on an extremely high volume production SaaS network, as well as expand and improve upon our worldwide office network design.
- Maintain and grow the IT network infrastructure along with business growth
- Primary, 24x7 on-call shift responsibility for IT network components, responding to and resolving incidents, and communicating complex network concepts to the rest of the organization in an understandable way
- Using data, metrics, monitoring and alerting mechanisms to establish a baseline and improve on it
- Identify opportunities for configuration improvement, propose and document them, and implement them
- Assist with ongoing assessment and upgrade of networks
- Support network issues at all levels from access to core
- Maintain and improve LAN/WAN connectivity across multiple corporate offices
- Create and maintain standards for office network design; design and document plans including overhead / rack elevation diagrams and blueprints for new offices
- Minimum of 5-7 years of networking experience in multi-national corporation
- Demonstrated ability to maintain complex, multi-site networks, both WAN and LAN
- Must have experience with Juniper (EX) routing and switching, as well as Palo Alto Networks firewalls. Strongly desired: Juniper (JNCIS / JNCIE) certification or equivalent experience
- Design experience with IPv4 and IPv6, BGP, OSPF, VRRP, and RSTP/STP
- Understanding of Spanning Tree Protocol and experience configuring it
- LifeSize video conferencing experience
- VoIP phone systems (SIP, Shoretel)
- Wireless networking and security (802.11a/b/g/n, 802.11i, 802.1x, WIPS)
- Excellent written documentation and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of network security including IDS, DDoS, Firewalls, and other distributed attack schemes
- Experience in network monitoring tools such as Intermapper, Cacti, and Netscout
- Proactive leader; “get it done” mentality, while following change control methods and processes
- Willingness to learn, be challenged, and have fun in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Experience with Riverbed WAN optimization a plus
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, a creative and methodical thinker
- Knowledge of Change Management best practices
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.