Marketing Technology – Back End Developer
Marketing | New York, NY
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Champaign, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
The technology group on the marketing team supports the day to day operations of Turn’s marketingplatforms. These include but are not limited to the website, microsites, email campaigns, marketing automation suite and other special projects. This is a rapidly developing group at Turn and requires a proactive approach to problem solving and solutions development in a changing environment:
The Back End Developer’s primary responsibilities are:
- Turning design and user interface mockups into functional websites
- Work with product owner(s) and technical leads to estimate development effort
- Interact with cross-functional teams to ensure complete delivery of web applications
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Assist in release management activities of web sites built with Drupal
- Assist with end-user support needs and perform troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Monitor web servers for performance and communicate with network personnel or web site hosting agencies to address hardware or software issues affecting web site.
- Possible routine maintenance - both module and core updates for multiple web sites
- Develop and document technical requirements and solutions
- Participate in daily meetings and regular planning and review
- Work with internal business owners and IT to assess the usability, features & functionality of internally managed tools & applications and ensure a seamless flow from the web to the application(s).
- Proficient in the maintenance and administration of Drupal 7 modules and sites
- Experience integrating open source and third-party applications into existing systems
- Minimum 5 years of experience in web application development
- Minimum 4 years of Drupal web content management solution (WCMS) and at least 1 year with Drupal 7.
- Experience implementing or working with content approval and staging workflows.
- Familiarity with source control systems such as GIT
- Knowledge of web application security considerations
- Strong user skills in various operating systems
- Experienced with MySQL and database designs
- Knowledge and experience using PHP, HTML/XHTML, CSS, MySQL, MSSQL
Location: New York
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.