Managing Director, APAC
Sales | Singapore, Tokyo, Hong Kong | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Join the Revolution
Meet Turn. We’re a fast-growing, global software-as-a-service company operating at the intersection of big data and online advertising. We think big, we foster true collaboration, and we’re not afraid of ideas that reinvent and reinterpret what came before. Our team shares a common purpose: to shape the future of marketing. If you’re passionate about making an impact and have the skills to back it up, we want you.
Turn is seeking an experienced Managing Director to lead Turn’s Asia and Australia region. We are looking for a highly motivated, driven entrepreneur to play a critical role in our overall success. Reporting to the CEO, this individual will establish our corporate presence within the region, lead sales efforts to advertising agencies and direct brands, oversee excellent customer service practices, develop region-specific product requirements, and generally raise the profile of Turn throughout the region.
The right candidate will have demonstrated success in selling to advertising agencies and brands, a solid understanding of the digital media landscape, and be comfortable selling software and technology. This executive will possess sound analytical and technical aptitudes and effective writing and communication skills. Additionally, this person will have a deep understanding of the digital advertising industry, and will demonstrate the aptitude to understand Turn’s cloud-based technology.
- Create and execute strategic business plan for Asia and Australia region.
- Develop and implement a regional sales strategy that will deliver accurately forecasted sales revenues. Establishes sales operations processes including forecasting, pipeline measurement, and progress tracking.
- Generate new business from global and regional advertising agencies and from major brand advertisers.
- Build sales, account management and professional services team and assume responsibility for mentoring, training, coaching and other development activities that are needed to achieve a high performance organization.
- Understand customer needs and market trends to provide product requirements for the region.
- Represent Turn at trade shows, speaking opportunities, and industry events. Raise the company profile in the region.
- Establish an ethical business operation and code of ethics for the region. Ensure all activities are carried out in an honest and ethical manner.
- Monitor economic and other external conditions and manages proactively addressing issues that may affect operations in order to maximize sales and growth.
- MBA is preferred.
- Minimum 15 years combined operational and sales management experience.
- Understanding of digital advertising industry.
- Ability to motivate the team to maintain a strong sense of urgency and consistently produce high quality work.
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and envision the big picture while simultaneously paying close attention to details.
- Strong analytical aptitude with the creativity, capacity, and conviction to think beyond the norm and drive innovative solutions through complex, global organizations.
- Strong work ethic; desire to work in an entrepreneurial and deadline driven environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent negotiation, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills.
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.