Manager of Proposal Development
Business Operations | San Francisco, CA
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Turn is seeking an experienced Manager of Proposal Development to lead and manage Turn’s pre-sales and proposal process. We are looking for a highly motivated, driven, and detailed-oriented individual to play a critical role in our overall, growing success. The Manager of Proposal Development will have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the digital advertising business, help drive growth by generating industry leading proposals, identify opportunities for optimizing our process, and work with nearly every company team including Sales, Client Services, Business Development, Marketing, and Product.
Ideally, this candidate will have had demonstrated success with development of compelling, solution proposals for multi-million dollar SaaS, enterprise or license software, or similar technology deployments. Individual will possess sound analytical, technical aptitude, and effective writing skills. Previous interactive advertising experience, digital media planning or account experience is a definite plus. The right candidate will be exceptionally organized and strong desire to excel, be self sufficient with solid communication skills and the ability to work on multiple ongoing projects with rapidly altering priorities and tight deadlines.
- Responsible for managing all phases of Turn’s proposal process including planning, writing, editing, production and delivery.
- Crafts the most effective response based on RFP requirements that describe Turn’s value proposition, market positioning and competitive advantages around insightful targeting, optimal audience data segments, and proven media channels and sources.
- Create and manage the necessary boilerplate content, templates, and other documentation required to produce high-quality proposal responses as efficiently as possible.
- Develop solid relationships with key stakeholders to continuously streamline the development of accurate, winning responses.
- Conduct research on competitor's proposal responses, press releases, and news articles to compare and contrast with Turn’s offerings and capabilities.
- Spearhead the development and maintenance of a central database of responses, including a list of questions, answers, and screenshots for common proposal questions.
- Ensures that the Sales team has the required sales materials and support information for all RFP responses and meetings by building out and maintaining a repository and help address and resolve any questions or issues related to proposal.
- Collaborate with sales management and internal representatives to qualify and prioritize requests, identify winning themes and positioning points related to each request
- Working closely with Sales leaders and other key stakeholders to forecast proposal demand. Communicating goals, objectives, and processes to Sales and other key stakeholders to set and maintain expectations.
- Maintain a deep, understanding of technical solutions, products and positioning offered by Turn in addition to up-to-date, cutting-edge knowledge of proposal tools, trends, benchmarks, and applications.
- B.S. or B.A. preferably in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or Human Sciences.
- Minimum 4-6 years experience technical writing and strong strategic proposal editing and writing of winning RFPs/RFIs.
- Understanding of digital advertising industry including demonstrated proficiency in digital media math and analysis preferred.
- Knowledge of third party research tools such as ComScore MediaMetrix, Nielsen’s AdRelevance, Kantara, Omniture, and @Plan strongly desired. Experience with online advertising management (ad serving) systems a major plus.
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM system and interactive advertising tools such as MediaVisor, MediaBank, and, iDesk.
- Proficiency in all proposal and presentation production software, including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Visio, Sharepoint, Adobe and Qvidian Sant 9.
- Advanced data analysis, strong technical aptitude, and problem solving skills desired.
- Strong analytical aptitude with the creativity, capacity, and conviction to think beyond the norm and drive innovative solutions through complex, global organization
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and envision the big picture while simultaneously paying close attention to details.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic; desire to work in an entrepreneurial and deadline driven environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Must be a team player while able to work independently.
- Outstanding organizational, attention to detail, and successfully juggle multiple projects.
- Need to understand complex, technical questions and be able to compile sophisticated responses with limited oversight.
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement activities to streamline the development of accurate, winning responses.
- Ability to motivate the team to maintain a strong sense of urgency and consistently produce high quality work.
- Highly organized with excellent oral and written communication skills.
Location: San Francisco and New York City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.