Lead/Senior Software Engineer, Distributed Systems
Platform Engineering | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and enterprises make decisions. Our digital advertising hub enables audience planning, media execution, and real-time analytics from a single login, and provides point-and-click access to more than 150 integrated marketing technology partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley and provides its products and services worldwide. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
We’re changing the way the world thinks about online advertising and we are looking for talented engineers to join the Platform team and help us take it to the next level. Turn’s Platform team develops all distributed and big data systems and applications to efficiently run Turn’s online advertisement, data management, and analytics platforms.
Are you passionate about designing and building scaled, distributed services with low latency messaging and high availability/fault tolerance? Do you think processing 100 billion requests in under 10ms every day with just 800 servers is an interesting challenge? Are you ready to join a world-class, highly cooperative engineering team? If your answers are yes, then you are the person we’re looking for.
The Lead/Senior Engineer position in Turn’s Distributed Systems team is a combined technical leadership (for Lead position) and hands-on development role that contributes to Turn’s success through expertise in large-scale distributed systems. You will leverage matured existing systems to help design and create the next generation service architecture. Qualified individuals will have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, software development process and best practices, distributed computing, and high availability.
Because we are a small team, your ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, in oral and written forms, and solve complex problems in a team environment will also be considered.
- Collaborate in design and build of our next-generation service oriented architecture stack that will power all services in our ecosystem.
- Design and implement features evolving our online advertising and data management product offerings.
- Scale up and tune our ad serving pipeline. Challenges come in the form of concurrency, data scale, and computational efficiency.
- Develop instrumentation/profiling tools and systems.
- Must be hard working, team oriented, bright, creative, cooperative, and an exceptional problem solver. And nice - we only seek nice people.
- Experience with Java, Scala, or C++ a must.
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience.
- A degree in Computer Science (preferred) or related engineering field (BS).
- Experience with technical leadership (for Lead role) and collaborating to see them to completion.
- Experience with large scale distributed systems a must.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of Unix operating systems, networking, and scaling techniques.
- Proven skills in performance tuning, monitoring and measuring.
- Experience with related open source technologies such as Zookeeper, Kafka, Docker, Netty, Finagle, etc. a plus.
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.