HR | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Turn Inc. (turn.com) is the smart platform for digital advertising. Our mission is to deliver the most effective data-driven advertising in the world. Our focus is to create deep customer intimacy between the marketer and their targeted audiences while delivering outstanding results. Turn is powered by its real-time media buying and optimization platform that delivers custom audiences at scale, exceptional performance, and insightful analytics to advertising agencies and premium brand advertisers across all quality inventory sources. We are headquartered in Redwood City, California and we have locations in New York City, Chicago, San Francisco and Charlotte. Turn is privately funded by Norwest Venture Partners, Trident Capital, Shasta Ventures, and Focus Ventures.
Our employees work hard and play hard and are delivering year over year hyper growth. We’ve created great working environments for our employees. We value creativity, leadership, innovation, collaboration, initiative, honesty, integrity and customer service.
Reporting directly to the CEO and working with the CFO, this individual will be a key strategic business partner providing hands-on operational human resources leadership for our company across multiple domestic locations and beyond. The primary focus for the HR Director will be in recruiting great talent to the company, employee relations and continued promotion and development of our culture.
- • Recruit exceptionally talented people to work at Turn.
• Oversee the implementation and administration of Human Resource policies, programs and practices.
• Establish and direct staffing practices and procedures necessary to recruit and retain a world-class workforce.
• Develop and implement appropriate training and development initiatives, to include special departmental training, management coaching and development, new hire orientation and on-boarding.
• Implement and maintain an accurate, efficient and cost effective HRIS system.
• Formulate and recommend compensation and benefits programs and policies that will promote positive employer-employee relationships, provide motivation, incentives, and rewards for effective employee performance, and ensure that such programs and policies are competitive with industry norms.
• Manage the annual performance review process, including goal setting, salary adjustments and promotions.
• Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local government Human Resource laws and regulations.
• Manage immigration process (H-1B, L-1, TN, Green Card, etc…).
• Manage the Company’s employee benefits plans and complete annual compliance, including Form 5500 and discrimination testing.
- • A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Occupational Development or other related discipline is required. PHR/SPHR is preferred.
• Minimum 4 years generalist experience with broad knowledge of employment, compensation, organization planning, employee relations, and training and development, plus progressive leadership experience is required.
• Minimum 4 years recruiting experience including management of internal and external recruiting resources.
• Experienced at multiple fast growth media-based internet companies.
• Maintained current knowledge and understanding of regulations, laws, industry trends, practices, and developments regarding Human Resources that may affect a company and advise management and employees accordingly
• Ability to work independently, multi-task, meet deadlines, and handle confidential records and issues appropriately.
• Proficient with Microsoft office products: Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint
• Very analytical and excellent attention to detail, accuracy and quality.
• Collaborative, empathetic, handle ambiguity well, problem solver, strong-minded, good listener, and people oriented.
• Strategic thinker not only in HR, but also with the company business and direction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
online internet sales customer acquisition lead generation account manager management product marketing interactive direct advertising digital business development media buyer buying
- Bonus Points:
- Please list your harder requirements and "nice to haves" here. This section should be keyword-rich - i.e. please include the keywords you anticipate that job seekers will use to search for jobs on job boards.
- Please list anything that makes working for your company unique or special - i.e. Can people work from home, do you offer special benefits (company car, expense account, stock options, etc).