Hadoop Administrator - Data Infrastructure
1111 - Technical Operations | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Amobee is a technology company that transforms the way brands and agencies make marketing decisions. The Amobee Marketing Platform enables marketers to plan and activate cross channel, programmatic media campaigns using real-time market research, proprietary audience data, advanced analytics, and more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter. Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest communications technology companies in the world which reaches over 640 million mobile subscribers. The company operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
Data Infrastructure team at Amobee is responsible for building and managing Big data ecosystem components, like very large Hadoop clusters, Spark, extremely fast changing RDBMS environments and different types of storage environments. This is an agile environment that provides opportunity to solve complex and scaling challenges.
As a member of this team, you will be integral part of managing 24X7 big data components. Currently Hadoop environment is at tens of petabytes in size. You will be contributing to day-to-day operational activities. You will also get a chance to contribute on performance improvements and optimization of our Hadoop ecosystem components. You’ll get the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a fast-paced, highly-collaborative team. We've built a complex analytic system around our Hadoop ecosystem for scalability and high availability. It's imperative that you approach administration with an emphasis on repeatability, testability, and consistency. The demands on this system are increasing rapidly as new type of data is ingestion grows,as we add more functionality and products.
The successful candidate for this position will be a self-motivated with an attitude of getting things done. Should be able to see big picture and also be able to deep-dive into details to solve complex problems.
- Own and maintain operational best practices for smooth operation of large Hadoop clusters.
- Contribute actively to improve Amobee’s Hadoop ecosystem.
- Apply in-depth analysis of Hadoop based workload, project-based work, design solutions to issues, and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Optimize and tune the Hadoop environment to meet the performance requirements.
- Partner with Hadoop developers in building best practices for Data Lake, Warehouse and Analytic environments.
- Investigate emerging technologies in the Hadoop ecosystem that relate to our needs and implement those technologies
- At least 2+ years plus of hands-on experience in deploying and administering large Hadoop clusters.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills on distributed systems.
- Expert level of understanding on Hadoop design principles and the factors that affect distributed system performance.
- Good Linux administration and troubleshooting skills.
- Good scripting experience with at least two of the following: Shell, Python Ruby or Perl.
- Have good understanding of metric collection for monitoring and alerting.
- Knowledge and interest in automation of repetitive tasks.
- BS/MS degree in computer science or related field.
- Programming skills in any language is a big plus.
- Experience with automation tools like Puppet.
- Working knowledge of open source projects like Git, Nagios, TSDB, containers, public and private cloud.
- Good knowledge of common ETL packages / libraries and data ingestion.
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.