Distributed Systems Engineer
Platform Engineering | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Engineer or Senior Engineer, Distributed Systems
Buzzwords: distributed systems, high performance computing, replication, messaging, millisecond response time.
We are a rapidly growing, well funded startup in Redwood City, CA, with a growing business, a working business model and a seasoned executive team. We’re changing the way the world thinks about online advertising and we are looking for talented engineers to help us take it to the next level.
We are looking for an engineer to join the technical staff in our Platform team. This engineer will contribute to our efforts in designing and implementing the critical distributed systems infrastructure that supports our ad delivery system. If you’re passionate about application performance, distributed systems, networking, and large volumes of data and are interested in joining a world class engineering team you might well be the person we’re looking for. Qualified individuals will have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, and some background in distributed computing, large scale data processing, and performance tuning.
Because we are a small team, your ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, in oral and written forms, and solve complex problems in a team environment will also be considered.
- Build distribute systems – work on improving and adding new functionality to Turn’s distributed system backbone.
- Scale the ad network – work on tuning and optimizing the delivery of ads in a network with thousands concurrent events, unique data scalability challenges and advanced ad selection techniques
- Keep it running – Help troubleshoot application operational issues.
- Learn and grow – learn from local experts and expand your skills and responsibilities
- Must be hard working, team oriented, bright, creative, cooperative, and an exceptional problem solver. And nice. We only have nice people.
- Must be able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical implementation
- Experience with Java, C++ or C# is a must.
- 0-4 years of relevant experience
- A degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (BS) is a must.
- Some experience with distributed systems, advanced applications building, large scale data processing or application partitioning is a must.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of modern operating systems and/or scalability techniques.
- Proven skills in scalability analysis and performance monitoring and measuring techniques.
- Experience with Linux based OSs is a plus.