Director/ Sr. Director, Software Engineer in Test
Test Engineering | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Turn is looking for an experienced Director or Sr. Director, Software Engineering in Test (SEiT), to lead and grow our test engineering team. You, together with your peers in software development, product management, and program management, will own and be responsible for every product in our product family. You will be a strong advocate of product quality on behalf of our customers. You will contribute to product development by ensuring that observability and testability are addressed by product designs. You will ensure that software developers deliver the proof of the quality of their code for you to validate. You will break existing code and products to help rebuild them better. You will ensure new code and products are built with quality. You will help automate our end-to-end product testing. You will follow the latest cutting-edge testing technologies closely. You will more than double the SEiT team size with onsite and offshore resources. You are efficient in managing a multi-site, multi-product SEiT team.
- Manage all aspects of software testing for our product family
- Own the operations and continuous improvement of our testing infrastructure and strategy
- Manage and grow the SEiT team with onsite and offshore engineers
- Work closely with software engineering managers, product managers, technical operations, UE/UX, and PMO
- Extensive experience in building automated testing for front-end, middleware, and back-end distributed systems components
- 7+ years as a SEiT or QA team manager
- Broad and solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in algorithms, data structures, software design & test, and distributed systems
- Demonstrated technical leadership, including creative problem solving. Ability to provide technical thought leadership at various organizational levels
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- CS, EE or equivalent technical degree from a top school; MS preferred
- Relentlessly self-starting with excellent sense of priorities and the ability to serve multiple customers concurrently
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume, test-driven, collaborative and iterative environment
- Experience with agile project management methodologies
- Experience in the advertising industry
- Experience in a SaaS environment
- Experience in a data analytics and visualization environment
- Startup experience
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.