Director, Solutions Engineering
Platform Engineering | New York, NY | Full Time
Turn was founded to bring the efficiencies of search to digital advertising and empower the world’s premier advertising agencies and brands to reach custom audiences at scale. We are a software and services company with the industry’s only end-to-end platform for delivering the most effective data-driven digital advertising in the world. Our technology infrastructure, self-service interface, optimization algorithms, real-time analytics, and interoperability represent the future of media and data management. The company is based in Silicon Valley with locations in New York City, Charlotte, Chicago, London, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
Turn is seeking a Director, Solutions Engineering to join our growing team in our New York office. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, the Director, Solutions Engineering is the primary technical resource for the field sales force when selling Turn’s platform technology to our most strategic prospects and accounts at ad agencies and other media buying organizations. The Director, Solutions Engineering is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The Director, Solutions Engineering must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users, able to identify all technical integration and deployment issues of assigned accounts, and establish and maintain strong customer relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- Manage team of Solution Engineers, globally
- Development and delivery of high stakes presentations sales presentations and product demonstrations for new prospects and existing clients
- Conduct market research and contribute to go-to-market strategy and tactics for new products
- Support sales by authoring responses to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Evaluate clients’ media buying, data integration and technology vendor requirements, and develop integration strategies for the Turn’s platform
- Evangelize the product to existing clients and at field events such as industry tradeshows, training seminars, and private sales events
- Support Marketing by authoring PowerPoint presentations and collaborating on product marketing collateral, FAQs and other materials
- Collect and document customer requirements for the Product Management team
- Travel extensively within a regional market to support to support multiple Sales Executives
- Pre-sales support for technology solutions for advertising agencies (or equivalent)
- Sales proposal authoring
- Client deployment planning, oversight and client training
- Ad serving technology assessments and deployment planning
- PowerPoint presentation authoring
Ideal candidate must be a solid leader with a proven track record in ad exchange or third party ad server deployments within advertising agencies, and knowledge of ad industry technologies including auction-based ad exchanges, ad serving, behavioral targeting, performance optimization and analytics. Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports. Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches. Must be prepared for extensive travel.
- Experienced leader
- BS/BA degree in Economics, Business Administration, Marketing, Computer Science, or any analytical/quantitative discipline is preferred
- 4+ years relevant strategic level experience in ad serving technology deployments
- Direct experience and advanced knowledge of display advertising exchanges, behavioral targeting, and performance-based optimization strongly preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Exceptional large audience presentation skills
Location: New York
This position offers a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, and other comprehensive benefits.