Director, Software Engineer in Test
Platform Engineering | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
About Turn Inc.
Turn was founded to bring the efficiencies of search advertising to online display. We are a software and services company with the industry’s only end-to-end platform for delivering the most effective data-driven digital advertising in the world. Our self-service interface, optimization algorithms, real-time analytics, interoperability, and scalable infrastructure represent the future of media and data management. The world’s premier advertising agencies and brands use the Turn Platform to harness data to target custom audiences at scale, optimize performance, and globally manage campaigns across inventory sources.
The company is based in Silicon Valley with locations in New York City, Charlotte, Chicago, London, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
Turn is looking for an experienced Director, Software Engineering in Test, to lead the enterprise level software quality effort, release process and support engineering. Reporting to the VP Engineering, this candidate will specify and build a world class automated testing framework for testing innovative and high scale web software. This position requires extensive knowledge of enterprise software support and practices, strong people management and team building skills along with a deep technical knowhow to understand cutting edge components. This candidate will work directly with product management, software development groups and operations group to develop a best in class software development environment that focuses on quality and efficiency. In addition, this candidate will also build the necessary team to provide Tier 2 client support for bug tracking, triage and bug fixing.
- 7 to 10 years of leading a team of QA for enterprise software, preferably SaaS applications
- Extensive experience in building an automated testing framework for front end, middleware and backend components
- Deep technical knowledge of Java based consumer web 2.0 applications
- Strong analytic skills to build necessary reports to ascertain problems
- Strong people management and team building skills
- Understanding of the digital advertising space a plus
- Education requirements: CS, EE or a technical degree from a top school a must; MS preferred
- Excellent written and oral skills a must; must be able to clearly explain concepts to upper management and to end clients
- Relentlessly self-starting with excellent sense of priorities and the ability to serve multiple customers concurrently
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume, test-driven, collaborative and iterative environment
- Experience with agile project management highly desired
- Excellent attention to detail