Director, Proposal Development (NY, SF, RWC)
Product Management | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Interested in what it’s like to work at Turn? Listen to what our employees have to say at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Turn is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Director of Proposal Development to lead and manage Turn’s pre-sales proposal process. The Director of Proposal Development will have global responsibility for Turn’s RFI and RFP responses for multi-million dollar SaaS deployments of the Turn cloud marketing platform to digital advertising agencies and global 2,000 brands. This role will report into the SVP, Market Solutions and have direct responsibility for staffing and management of the Proposal Development team. The director will spearhead proposal development strategy, scalable process design, and create customized proposals in partnership with Sales, Marketing, Product and Sales Engineering teams.
The ideal candidate will have prior demonstrated success with the development of compelling, multi-product proposals for SaaS or licensed software technology deployments for Fortune 500 companies. Individual will possess a strong technical aptitude and the effective communication skills necessary to convey the benefits of complex technologies in a clear and compelling way. The right candidate will be exceptionally well organized and have a strong desire to excel, posses exemplary written skills, be an effective manager, and thrive in a high growth environment with the ability to work on multiple ongoing projects against tight deadlines.
- Oversee and manage all phases of Turn’s proposal process including planning, writing, editing, production and delivery
- Create and manage the necessary boilerplate content, templates, and other documentation required to produce high-quality proposal responses as efficiently as possible
- Lead the design, development and maintenance of a central database of content, infographics, and screenshots utilized to address common proposal questions
- Develop and manage a small team of Proposal Writers to support Turn’s Sales organization across the North America, South America, EMEA and APAC markets
- Work closely with Sales and other key stakeholders to forecast proposal demand, and coordinate across the Proposal Development, Information Development, Product Marketing and Sales Engineering teams to ensure all proposals are highly customized and completed on time with exceptional quality
- Conduct research on competitor's proposal responses, press releases, and news articles to compare and contrast with Turn’s offerings and capabilities
- Maintain a deep understanding and conduct ongoing training for your team of the technical solutions, products and positioning offered by Turn and our competitors
- B.S. or B.A. preferably in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Journalism, or Human Sciences
- Minimum 7 - 10 years experience technical writing or strategic proposal authoring
- Minimum 2 – 3 years experience managing the successful proposal development process for a SaaS or licensed software technology platform in the digital marketing, data warehousing, CRM, business intelligence or a highly related industry for selling into Fortune 500 companies
- Exceptional presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical aptitude and problem solving skills, and a comfort with data analysis
- 2 – 3 years of small team management experience is strongly preferred
- Prior experience with digital advertising technology platforms such as DSPs, DMPs, or ad servers is strongly preferred
- Proficiency in all proposal and presentation production software, including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Visio, Sharepoint, Adobe and Qvidian Sant 9
- Ability to understand complex, technical questions and be able to compile sophisticated responses with limited oversight
- Strong work ethic; desire to work in an entrepreneurial and deadline driven environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to motivate a team to maintain a strong sense of urgency and consistently produce high quality work
Must be a team player while able to work independently
Location: New York, NY, San Francisco, CA, Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.