Director, Product Marketing (San Francisco Bay Area, New York)
Product Management | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Interested in what it’s like to work at Turn? Listen to what our employees have to say at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
As the Director of Product Marketing, you will be responsible for the product messaging for the Turn Cloud Marketing Platform. This will be a player/coach role, with direct ownership of the product marketing for Turn’s data management platform (DMP) and ‘big data’ analytic solutions, as well as the strategic oversight and team management for product marketing of the entire Turn product suite. Your responsibilities will include conducting market research and analyses to inform segmentation strategies, the creation of market requirements documentation (MRDs), developing the product messaging platform for new products, managing the go-to-market launch process, and developing the core presentations and other tools utilized by the sales team to acquire multi-million dollar clients. Working in collaboration with Product Management and the General Managers for each business line, you will be influencing Turn’s business strategy and a key contributor to driving Turn’s success in new markets. Ultimately you will be the expert in understanding Turn’s clients, their needs and buying criteria, and will transfer that knowledge to the sales channel.
The ideal candidate has an extensive background in both digital marketing and enterprise software, and excels at translating technology and features into benefits and solutions. We’re looking for the rare breed of person who loves technology yet is a natural communicator and evangelist. The candidate intrinsically understands both Fortune 500 CMOs and media agency senior management, and is fluent in speaking their languages. The Director of Product Marketing will ensure that the Turn sales, service and product organizations understand the needs of our clients, and are communicating with them in clear, concise, and consistent language about the benefits Turn’s industry leading platform.
- Building, managing and inspiring a small team of Product Marketing Managers with global responsibilities
- Developing insightful market requirement documents (MRD) to inform market goals, product strategy, pricing, and partner selection
- Evaluating Turn's competitive strengths and weaknesses
- Formulating product positioning and messaging
- Managing the go-to-market planning and execution for new product releases
- Creating client presentations, product collateral and other sales enablement tools
- Integrating Product Marketing into an agile and lightweight cross-functional process flow
- Interact with Turn's executive team on an ongoing basis to communicate current marketing trends and opportunities
- Representing the company at customer briefings, partner meetings and industry events
- 10+ years total experience in offline and digital marketing, with a specific focus on product marketing for advertising technology
- 4+ years total experience in hiring and team management
- Proven track record in developing product positioning and messaging for complex technology products sold to Fortune 500 brands
- Proven track record in developing highly effective sales presentations and collateral
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience presenting to executives
- Extensive experience in working within cross functional teams and developing lightweight processes within geographically distributed organizations
- Superior project management and analytical/decision-making skills
- Self-starter, high-energy, with ability to execute on business objectives
- Strong teamwork and inter-personal skills
- Ability to multitask, change priorities rapidly and work under pressure
- BA required; MBA strongly preferred
Location: Redwood City, San Francisco, New York
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.