Director, Platform Development
Platform Engineering | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Turn was founded to bring the efficiencies of search to digital advertising and empower the world’s premier advertising agencies and brands to reach custom audiences at scale. We are a software and services company with the industry’s only end-to-end platform for delivering the most effective data-driven digital advertising in the world. Our technology infrastructure, self-service interface, optimization algorithms, real-time analytics, and interoperability represent the future of media and data management. The company is based in Silicon Valley with locations in New York City, Charlotte, Chicago, London, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
Turn empowers the world’s best advertising agencies and brands to deliver the most effective data-driven digital advertising. Our focus is to build intimacy between premium brands and their targeted audience. Turn’s real-time media planning, buying and optimization platform delivers custom audiences at scale with unmatched performance and actionable analytics, across the highest-quality inventory available. We’re based in Redwood City with locations in New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Charlotte. Turn is privately funded by Norwest Venture Partners, Trident Capital, Shasta Ventures, and Focus Ventures.
Turn is looking for an experienced Director of Platform Development, to lead the enterprise level software development effort. Reporting to the VP, Engineering, this role will lead development of core components for an innovative and high scale web software. This position requires extensive knowledge of enterprise software development practices, strong people management and team building skills along with a deep technical knowhow to understand cutting edge components. The individual will work directly with product management and operations group to design, develop and operationalize high-tech solutions.
- 7 – 10 years of leading a team of enterprise software developers
- Extensive experience in Java programming and high scale web development
- Strong people management and team building skills
- Understanding of the digital advertising space a plus
- Education requirements: CS, EE or a technical degree from a top school a must; MS preferred
- Excellent written and oral skills a must; must be able to clearly explain concepts to upper management and to end clients
- Relentlessly self-starting with excellent sense of priorities and the ability to serve multiple customers concurrently
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume, test-driven, collaborative and iterative environment
- Experience with agile project management highly desired
- Excellent attention to detail