Director Operations and Professional Services
Business Operations | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Turn was founded to bring the efficiencies of search to digital advertising and empower the world’s premier advertising agencies and brands to reach custom audiences at scale. We are a software and services company with the industry’s only end-to-end platform for delivering the most effective data-driven digital advertising in the world. Our technology infrastructure, self-service interface, optimization algorithms, real-time analytics, and interoperability represent the future of media and data management. The company is based in Silicon Valley with locations in New York City, Charlotte, Chicago, London, Amsterdam, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
As part of the international expansion plan, Turn is looking to hire a Director of Operations and Professional Services who will be working at our London office.
The Director Operations and Professional Services will be responsible for managing the Client Services team and oversee day to day operations for all European customers in order to deliver excellent levels of customer service and satisfaction. In addition, he/she will be expected to deliver Professional Services to existing customers and generate revenue for the company. The person in this role will have a proven experience of advertising solutions and tech/IT, within the Internet advertising market. Strong knowledge of market dynamics and knowledge of the exchange landscape and key players will be a distinct advantage.
This role will be based in London and will be focused on promoting adoption of Turn suite of technology products in the UK and some European markets.
- Manage Client Services department and coordinate day to day operations. Responsible for coordinating resources to ensure optimum service is provided to all clients. Oversee Solutions Engineering and Technical Support Engineering
- Establish communication channels and business processes necessary to effectively manage a growing operation across multiple markets. Supervise turnaround times for new campaigns and re-bookings to maximize revenue and ensure we are always within our SLA
- Scale growth by capitalizing on opportunities for increased effectiveness and efficiency by driving key automation and productivity initiatives
- Develop and maintain key business statistics that track customer retention, customer up sell, ad product use, and operational efficiency. Develop initiatives that increase customer retention
- Coordinate operations when on-boarding new clients and ensure clients are migrated to self serve when they have had sufficient training and are capable to manage campaigns internally
- Recommend best optimization strategies internally (Client Services) and externally (self serve clients). Constantly liaise with Professional Services and Ad Selection teams in the US to discuss new ways to drive better performance
- Internal point of contact for all product features and requests. Ensure we capture all requests from customers but also identify features that will give us a competitive edge in the European market
- Data and Analytics: work across our entire client portfolio (especially our Key Account Clients) to help leverage their first party data and deploy digital strategy. Support Sales in big pitches for TMP and TAP
- Understand platform/DSP functionality, including knowledge of all ad products available on our platform, and illustrate general availability and performance of each unit
- Strong understanding of online advertising technologies and landscape trends
- Familiar with online advertising, marketing, and sales concepts and metrics with 3+ years supporting a sales organization
- Internet media operations or site publishing/production experience preferred
- Knowledge of accounting and finance processes and concepts, including revenue and billing
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Able to evaluate and implement new technologies
- Ability to compile and analyze performance data and metrics
- Proven ability to accommodate evolving responsibilities and last minute changes
- Strong decision-making, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills with proven ability to identify and prioritize critical issues
- Excellent project-management and time-management skills with proven ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to lead, manage and grow teams
- Proven ability to solve problems in non-standard and innovative ways
- Experience with one or more internet ad management or targeted marketing applications (e.g., DoubleClick DART/DFP, 24/7 Real Media, Falk AdSolution, etc.) required. Multiple applications experience preferred.
- 5+ years experience in internet industry; ad operations and/or ad-related technical experience
- 3+ years experience in managing personnel and complex activities
- BA/BS degree preferred with a strong academic record or relevant combination of education and experience