Director of User Experience
Marketing | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Turn was founded to bring the efficiencies of search to digital advertising and empower the world’s premier advertising agencies and brands to reach custom audiences at scale. We are a software and services company with the industry’s only end-to-end platform for delivering the most effective data-driven digital advertising in the world. Our technology infrastructure, self-service interface, optimization algorithms, real-time analytics, and interoperability represent the future of media and data management. The company is based in Silicon Valley with locations in New York City, Charlotte, Chicago, London, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
Turn has developed the industry’s leading data and media management platform for digital advertising. Currently the Turn Platform is utilized to manage digital advertising for over fifty of the top Fortune 200, and our client base is growing dramatically in both the US and International markets. Our award winning platform enables marketers to utilize a single dashboard to plan, buy, optimize and analyze digital advertising across multiple media channels (display, video, mobile and social) in real-time.
As a result of our industry’s rapid evolution and Turn’s continued growth and success, we are seeking a Director of User Experience to lead a world-class team of user experience professionals. The Director of User Experience will drive the overall User Experience vision for Turn. This is a highly visible and strategic role within the company, crucial to our next phase of innovation and growth.
As a Director you will partner closely with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to plan and execute the product roadmap. You will be the expert on all aspects of the user experience including driving customer insights through user research, the overall information architecture of the platform interfaces and interaction models. You and your team will actively collaborate with the Product Management team to drive innovation and create the cutting-edge user experiences that will become the future of digital advertising.
- Manage a small design team of user experience professionals
- Guide and direct the design specifications across multiple products that will be accessed by our customers via standard web, tablet and mobile devices
- Apply a user-centered design processes to create delightful user experiences
- Scope, plan and manage multiple design projects through the various phases from initial concept through product definition and launch
- Be hands-on in creating the user interaction model, workflows, information architecture, interface guidelines
- Facilitate project communication across all aspects of the project including stakeholder management and cross-functional collaboration
- Drive best practices in client user research
- 8+ years of user experience background including strong management experience
- Experience designing intuitive workflow interfaces in data rich environments
- Deep knowledge of the state of the art in consumer web applications for shopping, community, social networking and mobile
- Demonstrated track record of successfully launching world-class user experiences that drive business results
- Experience leading and managing user experience teams in a fast-paced Agile development environment
- Passion for bringing innovative new products to market
- Hands-on people management experience; capable of staffing, managing, mentoring and driving a highly motivated and productive team
- Able to collaborate actively & effectively on multidisciplinary teams and present your work clearly and comfortably in a variety of settings
- Experience with user research, competitive analysis and user testing
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with industry-standard design tools such as Fireworks, Omnigraffle, Visio, Photoshop, and Flash
- Strong analytic and strategic thinking skills
- Motivated, dynamic, creative and results-oriented
- Masters in Human Factors, Media Arts & Sciences, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, Industrial Design or related degree.