Director of Sales, Chicago
Sales | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Turn is looking for an aggressive sales director to join this exciting team and lead our sales efforts in the central region. This successful person will be goal oriented, driven and entrepreneurial. This person will be tasked with building and managing a regional sales office. The Director of Sales should have senior-level agency contacts, direct brand relationships and a track record of achievements. This media expert will be responsible for establishing Turn as the most measurable component of every display campaign and for driving sales. The Director of Sales will have a passion for Social Media, the ability to sell beyond the numbers and the work ethic to make it happen.
Candidates should demonstrate/possess the following qualities:
- Prior success building a sales territory.
- Leverages existing rolodex appropriately and has the skill set to break through the direct advertiser/agency gate keepers and command an audience to pitch/demonstrate Turn.
- Acts like a business owner/partner and is not simply looking to close deals.
- Strong team player/leader contributing to the growth and development of this successful team by having a positive can-do attitude.
- Fearless and honest communicator and a great listener.
- Desire to lead a sales team.
- Minimum 8-10 years experience as a successful sales manager within online advertising selling ad network or behavioral offerings to agencies and direct advertisers and brands.
- Experience building and managing a sales team.
- Has extensive experience previously managing multi-million dollar budgets from leading internet advertisers.
- Understands the intricacies of negotiating on an ROI direct response basis versus selling reach and frequency basis. Can effectively rattle off eCPM calculations based on pricing models.
- Highly motivated to initiate and manage new partnerships that will grow Turn revenues. It is critical that this person be comfortable focusing on creating relationships with numerous agencies and direct advertisers across multiple verticals that will drive significant traction for Turn.
- Have a proven track record of exceeding sales goals and objectives.
- Technical: must be comfortable with understanding behavioral targeting, goal seeking technology, pixel placements.
- Strategic thinker that manages long-term issues
BA/BS degree preferred with a strong academic record or relevant combination of education and experience