Director of Marketing
Marketing | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Director of Marketing
About Turn Inc.
Turn was founded to bring the efficiencies of search advertising to online display.We are a software and services company with the industry’s only end-to-end platform for delivering the most effective data-driven digital advertising in the world. Our self-service interface, optimization algorithms, real-time analytics, interoperability, and scalable infrastructure represent the future of media and data management. The world’s premier advertising agencies and brands use the Turn Platform to harness data totargetcustom audiences at scale, optimize performance, and globally manage campaigns across inventory sources.
The company is based in Silicon Valley with locations in New York City, Charlotte, Chicago, London, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
The Director of Marketing drives and manages the entire range of marketing initiatives including strategy, branding, messaging, sales promotion and sales activities, trade events, advertising and public relations. The ideal candidate has the strong project management and organizational skills required for executing the tactical projects as well as the marketing sensibility and experience to envision and articulate the strategic brand direction.
- Provide the sales team with the necessary marketing support and collateral materials
- Lead all aspects of corporate communications, public, press and industry analyst relations, website and online marketing, branding, tradeshow participation, high profile speaking engagements including managing external providers
- Prioritize multiple tasks effectively and perform a variety of deadline-driven projects
- Actively participate in company and product positioning and messaging
- Provide connectivity between business units / product marketing to ensure consistency and effectiveness
- Must have 5+ yearsexperience in marketing SaaS or application-based digital advertising technologies (such as ad serving, DSP, SSP, ad exchange, website analytics or CRM) to Fortune 500 brands and leading advertising agencies
- Ability and desire to lead both higher level strategic initiatives including branding and messaging as well as numerous tactical projects like customer events and trade shows
- Bright, creative, strategic, hands-on, collaborative, driven and proactive
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment in a highly organized manner
- Ability to handle multiple time-sensitive initiatives and competing priorities
- Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation and analytical skills
- Goal oriented, self-directed and self-motivated within a team environment
- Bachelor Degree with a focus on marketing, communications and/or journalism.
- BA in Marketing or related field; MBA desired.
You have an uncanny ability to set an idea in motion and drive it to ultimate success. A desire if need be to get your hands dirty and be a “doer”.
You have the discipline required to proactively envision the future of our company and industry. You wake up every morning with an overwhelming sense of ownership and truly believe your role in the “big” picture is extremely vital to the success of our mission.
You are a creative thinker with superior collaboration ability.
You are a thought leader with a clear vision, vivid picture of where to go, as well as a firm grasp on what success looks like and how to achieve it.
Effective Communicator & Relationship Builder
You are well networked with deep industry and trade press contacts, and put great effort into fostering relationships with relevant media.