Corporate IT | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Datacenter Technician Intern
Turn empowers the world’s best advertising agencies and brands to deliver the most effective data-driven digital advertising. Our focus is to build intimacy between premium brands and their targeted audience. Turn’s real-time media planning, buying and optimization platform delivers custom audiences at scale with unmatched performance and actionable analytics, across the highest-quality inventory available. We’re based in Redwood City with locations in New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Charlotte. Turn is privately funded by Norwest Venture Partners, Trident Capital, Shasta Ventures, and Focus Ventures.
This is a semi-technical, part-time role which deals with the successful deployment and operation of our technical infrastructure in a state-of-the-art computer datacenter. You will be a assisting the Technical Operations team for a fast-growing, successful start-up in the online data-driven advertising business. This team is responsible for the continuous, successful operation of our company’s core assets – the engine of our business.
Responsible for the deployment, cabling, and cleanliness of key machines, routers, computer servers, and infrastructure pieces in our main data center.
Ability to work flexible hours, to accomplish our build-out goals
- Must be able to lift, and secure system equipment up to 65 lbs.
- Must be able to climb a 6 foot ladder, lay cross-connections of fiber and copper cables, and follow precise technical instructions on deployment of cabling and equipment.
- Above all, a friendly, neat, task-oriented and self motivated team player is sought to assist us in key activities of building our infrastructure.
We offer an exciting, start-up culture including smart people.
Location for this assignment will be walking distance to the Mission College campus.
* working toward a BS in Computer Science (or related technical discipline) preferred.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Ability an.d interest to document work in writing is mandatory.
* Experience in data centers and mission-critical environment.
* Ability and interest to work with shipping, moving equipment, cabling, clean-up and deploying new technology is a must.