Data Center Engineer
Technical Operations | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
As a member of Data Center Operations (DCO), you’ll be part of the DC Quality team responsible for enabling the deployment and ongoing operational excellence of Turn’s state-of-the-art production data centers worldwide. Our infrastructure is growing fast, and we typically handle multiple large datacenter design, procurement, ordering, and deployment projects simultaneously. You will be an integral part of these projects and help our company continue its successful global expansion.
- Establish, deliver and maintain quality and reliability standards for Turn’s Global Data Centers, leveraging existing tools and processes or developing new as required.
- Manage installation of server & network equipment, including new circuits, cross connects, power, fiber trays, ladder racks, etc. Scheduling and coordination with site ops personnel and service providers.
- Document standards and processes within the data center. Create full sets of documentation around projects and work at the DC. Define workflow and communication systems for DC activities.
- Respond to alarms from service providers and mitigate power and environmental issues at DC. This is a position with off hours responsibility for Turn’s mission critical infrastructure.
- Track server/network assets through deployment lifecycle. Maintain accurate reporting and auditing capability for all assets within the data center. Work closely with finance and security to ensure proper auditing and accounting.
- Coordinate data center resources for timely delivery of projects. Work with service providers/vendors to build a project plan along side PMO. Schedule with DC Site, NetEng and other teams as required. Create a communication protocol with other teams.
- Manage the time and performance of the Data Center Techs. Help to train, mentor and support escalated break/fix cases.
- Work with providers/vendors to manage the data center access policies as set by Turn Security. Ensure we have documented proper procedures that meet our security audit and compliance requirements.
- Take direction and input from DC Design team on infrastructure capacity planning, DCIM tool selection, rack standards, and hardware support strategies.
- 3-5+ years experience in data center deployment and building scaling infrastructure.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Knowledgeable in Data Center best practices (i.e. basic fault tolerance, cable routing, calculating power, cooling methods, etc)
- Advanced experience working with heterogeneous server/network hardware failures and Linux OS
- Experience working in a multi-vendor data center environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Ability and interest to thoroughly document work is mandatory.
- Must be able to lift and secure computer equipment up to 65 lbs. Must be able to climb a 6 foot ladder, lay cross-connections of fiber and copper cables, and follow precise technical instructions on deployment of cabling and equipment.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to address data center incidents
- Ability to periodically travel within the US, Europe, Asia and Latin America is required. (10-20%)
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.