Credit and Collections Analyst
Finance | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Credit & Collections Analyst
- Monitor accounts receivables for aged balances and make customer collection calls as neededto slow-pay or delinquent accounts. Work with collection agency as needed.
- Provide customer service regarding collection issues and disputed amounts by resolving client discrepancies/short payments in a timely manner.
- Responsible for monitoring & maintaining cash flow/credit exposure by customer calls, account adjustments, small balance write-offs, customer reconciliations and refunds on researched overpayments.
- Perform other assigned tasks necessary to support Credit & Collections effort including: cash application, credit-checks, statements & credit-limit reviews.
- Must communicate and follow-up effectively with both internal and external customers on a timely basis.
- Collection of credit data including but not limited to D&B reports and checking trade/media references
- Calls customers, researches billing issues, pulls invoices, and emails/faxes to customer
- Explains bills to customers, answers queries, and researches payment discrepancies.
- Works closely with billing department to resolve billing issues
- Preparing cash deposits & cash control sheet daily and monthly.
- Handles refunds after full research, verification and reconciliation
- Participates in team planning meetings; including monthly/weekly cash forecasting as well as aging reviews
- Assist with billings customer during month end close
- Meet defined departmental goals and metrics
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/ Finance
- Minimum of three (3) Years credit and collections experience, on-line media related experience required.
- Excellent communication stills- written and verbal.
- Able to work flexible hours to meet business needs
- Strong attention to detail, organized, ability to negotiate, and ability to multi-task with limited supervision
- Good Excel skills
- Experience with Great Plains software: collection module preferred
- Strong team player who creates synergy within the group and is able to thrive under pressure in order to meet deadlines.
- Must be committed to excellent customer-service.
Well versed in credit/collection law and best practices