Finance | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Reporting to the CFO, VP of Finance and Administration, the Corporate Controller will provide hands-on accounting operational support for our company. This seasoned digital online advertising individual will be both a strong individual contributor and team leader, and be responsible for all areas relating to accounting, financial reporting, consolidation and tax. In addition, this position will also help set accounting policies, help design and implement automation of accounting processes, help improve procedures and internal controls, and help establish and manage international entities and the accounting for these entities The successful candidate will be able to apply his/her digital online advertising, SaaS, technical accounting knowledge, and analytical skills to lead a dynamic, first class, highly scalable and efficient, international accounting team for a hyper-growth, high-tech company.
- Oversee accounting department operations, G/L, A/P, A/R, Credit & Collections, F/A, Payroll, Tax (income, sales and property), Treasury, and Stock Administration.
- With help from the Assistant Controller, direct a tight general ledger month-end close process and preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements, including reconciliation of intercompany accounts.
- “Own” the Balance Sheet and P&L. Be intimate with the financial statements, fully understand variances to budget and deliver fully reviewed financial statements to the CFO, on a timely monthly basis.
- Continually evaluate and optimize month-end close processes, striving to deliver process automation, improved accuracy and higher customer service.
- Assist with preparation of monthly internal financial reporting packages.
- Manage outsourced international accountants for general accounting, payroll, tax and compliance.
- Prepare the company for SOX compliance in anticipation of a 2014 IPO.
- Manage annual external audit, both US and International.
- Manage US and International annual filings for corporate income tax, sales tax, and property tax, and worldwide tax compliance.
- Supervise, develop, mentor, establish and review goals, for the accounting team.
- Establish strong relationships with inter-departmental peers and be the “go to” accounting source in the Company.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business is required; MBA would be a plus.
- CPA is required, active status preferred.
- Minimum 15 years progressively responsible accounting and finance experience, of which a minimum of 4 years must be in online digital advertising and a minimum 5 years as a controller or higher position.
- Experience in SaaS and software industries preferred.
- Experience in high-tech, fast growth start-ups is required.
- Experience with a Big 4 or other national accounting firm required.
- Experience in both small high growth start-ups and large public companies preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Experience with setting up accounting for foreign subsidiaries and managing intercompany transactions and elimination entries.
- Proven ability and desire to work effectively, delivering accurate results under tight deadlines, in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, dynamic environment.
- Must be “hands on” and a proven and effective leader. Garners trust and loyalty from subordinates.
- Advanced understanding of Excel for financial modeling, proficient in Word and PowerPoint.
- Good familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley and SEC reporting.
- Experienced with Great Plains accounting software and FRx Reporting would be a major plus.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills. Ability to confidently and effectively communicate to all levels within the Company.
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.