Controller (Top Online Startup!)
Finance | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Turn Inc. (turn.com) is the smart platform for digital advertising. Our mission is to deliver the most effective data-driven advertising in the world. Our focus is to create deep customer intimacy between the marketer and their targeted audiences while delivering outstanding results. Turn is powered by its real-time media buying and optimization platform that delivers custom audiences at scale, exceptional performance, and insightful analytics to advertising agencies and premium brand advertisers across all quality inventory sources. We are headquartered in Redwood City, California and we have locations in New York City, Chicago, San Francisco and Charlotte. Turn is privately funded by Norwest Venture Partners, Trident Capital, Shasta Ventures, and Focus Ventures.
Our employees work hard and play hard and are delivering year over year hyper growth. We’ve created great working environments for our employees. We value creativity, leadership, innovation, collaboration, initiative, honesty, integrity and customer service. Our employees drive the success of our company.
Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will provide hands-on finance and accounting operational support for our company. This seasoned digital online advertising individual will be a strong individual contributor and team leader for day to day operations, and will also help set policies and improve procedures and internal controls. The successful candidate will be able to apply his/her digital online advertising knowledge and analytical skills in order to synthesize data to drive actionable insights for the executive team.
• Manage the general ledger month-end close process and preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements, including reconciliation of intercompany accounts.
• Manage the month-end billing process, including reconciliation to 3rd party campaign performance reports.
• Continually evaluate and optimize month-end billing and close processes, striving to deliver process automation, improved accuracy and higher customer service.
• Assist with preparation of monthly internal financial reporting packages.
• Collaborate cross functionally to develop and communicate display advertising performance drivers, key metrics and current and future revenue and cost trends.
• Develop and maintain financial models to forecast revenue and gross profit by product line.
• Work closely with product team to communicate and evangelize internal product features for the accounting team.
• Coordinate annual external audit.
• Supervise, develop and mentor an accounting staff.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business is required; MBA and/or CPA would be a plus.
• Minimum 8 years progressive accounting and finance experience, of which a minimum of 4 years must be in online digital advertising.
• Experience in high-tech, fast growth start-ups is required.
• Must be thoroughly knowledgeable with online advertising billing, 3rd party campaign performance report reconciliation, and revenue analysis process.
• Demonstrated proficiency in ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
• Experience with setting up accounting for foreign subsidiaries and managing intercompany transactions and elimination entries.
• Proven ability and desire to work effectively, delivering accurate results under tight deadlines, in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, dynamic environment.
• Advanced understanding of Excel for financial modeling, proficient in Word and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley and SEC reporting would be a plus.
• Experienced with Great Plains accounting software and FRx Reporting would be a major plus.
• Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills. Ability to confidently communicate at all levels of the Company.
This position offers a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, and other comprehensive benefits.
Please put “Controller" in the subject field. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
accountant accounting manager senior financial analyst finance
online internet sales customer acquisition lead generation account manager management product marketing interactive direct advertising digital business development media buyer buying