Commercial Director (AU)
Sales | Sydney, Australia
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
As part of the international expansion plan, Turn is looking to hire a Commercial Director for the Australian market. The Commercial Director will be the most senior manager in the market and will effectively act as the Country Manager for Australia.
The Commercial Director will be responsible for directly signing key clients for our cloud marketing platform: Turn Audience Suite and Turn Campaign Suite. The person in this role will have a proven experience of advertising solutions and tech/IT selling, within the Internet advertising market. Strong knowledge of market dynamics and strong industry contacts are required. Knowledge of the remnant inventory, exchange landscape and key players will be a distinct advantage.
The candidate will be responsible for all elements of the sale from initial call through to contract signing, including in depth, technical product demonstrations as well as the ongoing strategic support of key clients. The role will involve meeting and signing advertisers, agencies and leading publishers as well as acting as an ambassador for Turn in the digital community to ensure Turn is front of mind with all key prospects and new clients.
As a part of a well knit, cohesive Sales and Account Management team, the Commercial Director will also work closely and collaboratively with the Client Services, Business Development, and Product teams to close new accounts and deliver best of breed customer service. The Commercial Director will play a key role in driving revenue and implementing strategies to support ongoing client product needs. As an integral part of the Sales and Account Management team you will be responsible for educating advertisers, agencies and publishers about all aspects of our next generation tools and how they can be leveraged to solve their goals and objectives.
This role will be based in Sydney and will be focused on promoting adoption of Turn suite of technology products in the Australia and New Zealand markets. The candidate will help build and oversee the pipeline identifying those partners who fit the ideal client profile.
- Demonstrable track record in developing relationships with direct advertisers, advertising agencies and publishers. Highly effective developing and cultivating deep relationships with client senior executives (CEO, MD, CTO, Commercial and Sales Directors, Technical Directors) but also capable to interact with Ad Operations teams (Campaign Managers, Analysts)
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills and proven record of closing contracts within a certain timeframe
- Self-starter capable of thriving in a startup environment
- Excellent presentation skills (both to large groups as well as 1 to 1s). Excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Strong consultative sales skills, relationship building, and customer services skills
- Ability to develop a pipeline of clients from scratch and be highly organized
- Ability to partner with Client Services team and other internal groups to provide the best customer experience for our clients
- Minimum of 4 years experience in selling digital marketing platforms to direct advertisers, advertising agencies and publishers
- Proven track record with large agencies, direct clients and publishers — past success and established relationships.
- Strong understanding of online advertising technologies and landscape trends
- 5+ years experience in Sales / Tech Sales / Account Management in digital or online advertising preferred
- BA/BS degree preferred with a strong academic record or relevant combination of education and experience
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.