Business Development Manager - London
Business Development | London, United Kingdom
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Reporting to the VP of Business Development, the Business Development Manager will manage channel partners who power the Turn Audience Suite. The position requires a combination of strong analytical skills, partner management experience and technical aptitude around digital marketing. The role will be based in London and will have a remit for Turn business across Europe working closely with and supporting the Business Development Director for Europe.
As part of the Business Development team, this person will work closely with advertising sales, client services and product management to ensure that advertiser and channel partner needs are efficiently and effectively met. He or she will possess deep understanding of the wide range of publisher inventory (portals, ad exchanges, various bidded marketplaces, media conglomerates, aggregators, vertical websites, etc) and advertiser offers (ad creative, messaging, behavioral targeting, landing page, conversion funnel-- across a very wide range of industries). This job also requires strong analytical aptitude to analyze and interpret quantitative data and problem-solve. The Business Development Manager will own existing partner relationships as well as focus a percentage of their time prospecting and closing new channel partners.
- Fluent in a second language (a main European language)
- Partner/ client management experience
- Media buying and/or business development experience in the context of digital advertising
- Direct experience with one of the large ad exchanges (Right Media, Doubleclick Ad Exchange, etc)
- Basic knowledge of cookies, behavioral targeting (1st & 3rd Party data)
- Experience or strong knowledge of data providers in the digital marketing and advertising space
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player and cross-departmental communicator
- Presentation skills
- A strong grasp of figures and financial management.
- Understanding of ad serving technologies (from Dart, Atlas & also Rich Media vendors)
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of brand safety and ad-verification tools.
- Basic familiarity with web analytics
- Basic knowledge of statistical analysis
- Experience and/or strong desire to work in a high pressure, high demand entrepreneurial environment
- BA(Hons) required, MBA or BS(Hons) in business or analytics-related field preferred.
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.