Business Development Manager
Business Development | New York, NY
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Turn supports a global partner ecosystem comprised of hundreds of partners in several channels. We’re looking for a passionate, motivated, quick learner who can execute, manage and support existing and new data partners in an ever-evolving space. A genuine curiosity for ad tech, a passion for learning and an ability to interpret partner offerings are a must.
As part of the Business Development team, you will be responsible for managing existing data partnerships with an emphasis on driving revenue for our partners. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to prospect and close new partnerships, while managing your partnership channel as its own business. You will work closely with sales, client services and engineering to ensure that partner and customer needs are efficiently and effectively met.
Because of Turn’s leadership position in the ad tech space, you will have the opportunity to hear from everyone in the space. It will be important that you can prioritize partnerships and respond to shifts in customer demand. An understanding of the ad tech ecosystem is a must.
- A passion for learning the business of data in the context of marketing
- Unbridled willingness to delve into the details of a partner’s business
- Ability to prioritize time and energy based on revenue and client/partner satisfaction
- 2-3 years of experience managing partners or customers
- Familiarity with the Lumascape and how the pieces work
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Understanding of the basics of Behavioral and Contextual ad targeting
- Understanding of how real-time bidding works.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic account management & contract negotiation skills
- Team player and cross-departmental communicator
- Strong presentation skills
- Attention to detail and strategic account management skills a must
- Knowledge of auction markets (display or search)
- Basic knowledge of cookies
- Basic familiarity with web analytics
- Basic knowledge of statistical analysis
- Experience and/or strong desire to work in a high pressure, high demand entrepreneurial environment
- BA required, MBA or BS in analytical or engineering-related field preferred
Location: New York
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.