Architect, Information Security Solutions
Corporate IT | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Champaign, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
You will be a critical member of the Technology team for a fast-growing, successful late stage company in the online data-driven advertising business. This team is responsible for the continuous, successful operation of our company’s core assets – the engine of our business.
In this role, you will be the authority on our security infrastructure and operations, and will be a key member in improving and implementing new security mechanisms to improve our security posture and enhance our operational excellence.
Responsible for detailed analysis of our existing application architecture, operational configuration, firewall and network device configs, system and infrastructure from a security capability perspective.
Review and adjust current security program plan to align with business and customer needs.
Oversee compliance certification efforts, including vulnerability assessment, perform penetration testing, and other identified gaps.
Perform internal project requirements and design / implementation for security improvement.
Document security requirements.
Design and manage project to audit, both internally and externally, our system architecture.
Improve and expand disaster recovery planning documents, and business continuity strategy.
Coordinate with existing vendors and qualify new vendors to perform auditing and testing tasks.
The incumbent will be an experienced security professional with creative thinking, enthusiasm for designing and documenting system architecture, an ability to perform system implementation, and management of existing and/or training of new technical resources to complete project goals.
- BS/MS in Computer Science / Engineering or a related technical field from a top university, or demonstrated equivalent industry experience.
- At least 5-8 years’ experience working security analysis and implementation roles, including complete end-to-end project designs and successful management of multiple projects from start to finish. Please bring documentation / writing samples.
- Security certifications preferred including CISSP, CISM, CISA, etc.
- Prior experience in an architectural discipline where a blend of strategic vision and tactical pragmatism are required for success
- Solid understanding of Unix-related network services, advanced TCP/IP networking, operations automation and tool creation, Juniper routing, switching and firewall devices, Netscaler server load balancers.
- Experience deploying distributed monitoring infrastructure with a large web-based company
- Be prepared to name your favorite security-related RFC, describe how you implemented its key features, what its shortcomings were, and how your contributed your work back to the security community. Bonus points for security conference presentations and publications.
- Core contributor to open source security projects
- Experience in Java Web Server (Tomcat) environments
- Experience in LAMP Stack administration, Linux required, FreeBSD is a plus.
- Experience in Cloud Computing, corporate IT network / Wi-Fi
- Publications in the field of security operational infrastructure and algorithm / system design.
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.