Accounting Information Systems Manager
Account Management | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
In this hands-on position, you will report directly to the Corporate Controller and manage the company’s general accounting activities, including monthly accounting close, financial reporting, and international consolidations.
- Assist Corporate Controller to manage the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close procedures and ensure the timeliness and accuracy of internal and external financial reporting.
- Coordinate and lead the processes for streamlining month end close
- Assist the Corporate Controller with the overall project management of the Company’s SOX program and all related compliance activities
- Ensure the effectiveness of internal controls by partnering with the business process owners in documenting SOX process narratives.
- Maintain the Company’s financial policies and procedures documentation through coordination with respective business process owners
- Build strong partnerships with internal departments, including those in international locations.
- Manage financial projects including requirements gathering, scope, approach, project timelines, test plans and post implementation training activities as required.
- Demonstrate ability to write logical queries to facilitate calculations & reporting, ideally within Microsoft Excel, or similar framework
- Primary representative of the Accounting/Finance Team in cross-functional group projects.
- Ad hoc financial reporting and analysis, as well as special projects as needed.
Required Skills & Experience
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Minimum of 6 years experience in Accounting or Finance system administrators roles in high-tech, online media, SaaS or software enterprise companies.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with software implementations, including configuring applications, implementing technical solutions, and executing technical analysis
- CPA a plus, including minimum of 3 years experience in a large public companies and small startup companies.
- Solid experience with automation of manual accounting processes.
- MBA a plus with Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Hands On Experience with MS Access, MS Excel, VBA
- Strong understanding of basic relational database concepts
- High attention to detail
Location: Redwood City, CA