Sr. Mechanical/Technical Associate
Powertrain Engineering | San Jose, CA | Full Time
Tula Technology, Inc. is a Silicon Valley based supplier of Dynamic Skip Fire (DSF®), a software enabled powertrain technology that integrates advanced digital signal processing with sophisticated powertrain controls to create the ultimate variable displacement engine. Tula’s technology delivers optimal fuel efficiency across a wide range of engine types to the world’s automotive manufacturers, helping them meet fuel efficiency and CO2 mandates at the lowest cost. With headquarters in San Jose, CA, and an engineering center in Plymouth, MI, Tula brings together the best of Silicon Valley and automotive expertise, resulting in over 200 patents and applications combined.
The Mechanical/Technical Associate will be responsible for engine and vehicle development testing using engine dynamometers, combustion and emissions analysis equipment, and automotive mechanical build-up and fabrication.
- Support engine test and analysis needs by conducting engine and vehicle dynamometer tests
- Build test hardware and make recommendations for additional test equipment
- Validate and execute test procedures to ensure accurate, repeatable results
- Reports to the Engine Laboratory Manager
- Close collaboration with the rest of the test team, including controls and analysis teams/engineers
- External development and testing service providers
- Component suppliers and contractors
- Knowledge of automotive engine mechanicals, performance and control
- Experience with engine test methods, procedures, equipment and software including engine dyno, combustion analysis and emissions measurement
- Skilled associate with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an automotive R&D and/or performance development.
- Electrical wiring skills especially relating to powertrain wiring harnesses and laboratory instrumentation wiring
- Professional verbal and written communication skills including the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated team orientation and project management skills
- Mechanical fabrication skills, both engine and general purpose
- B.S. in Engineering
- Supplier/vendor/service provider contacts in engine design and development