Sr. Electronics Hardware Design/Application Engineer
Electrical Engineering | San Jose, CA | Full Time
Tula Technology, Inc. is a Silicon Valley based supplier of Dynamic Skip Fire (DSF®), a software enabled powertrain technology that integrates advanced digital signal processing with sophisticated powertrain controls to create the ultimate variable displacement engine. Tula’s technology delivers optimal fuel efficiency across a wide range of engine types to the world’s automotive manufacturers, helping them meet fuel efficiency and CO2 mandates at the lowest cost. With headquarters in San Jose, CA, and an engineering center in Plymouth, MI, Tula brings together the best of Silicon Valley and automotive expertise, resulting in over 50 patents issued or allowed and over 80 U.S. and international patents pending.
The engineer will design circuits and control applications for automotive applications.
Responsibilities include digital, analog/mixed signal, power, and harness design using Verilog-VHDL, Spice, Matlab, Simulink, Cadence Orcad, Mentor DX Designer, HyperLynx, and Cadonix -Arcadia developing prototypes and performing evaluation and verification.
- Create/maintain product schematics
- Perform circuit analysis to ensure design meets requirements
- Create/design electronic solutions for drive, control, and interface problems
- Create/maintain hardware verification plan
- Create/maintain performance documentation
- Document EMC test setup (operating modes, loads, etc.)
- Develop/maintain Electrical FMEA
- Support PCB layout activities including component placement and layout reviews
- Ensure electrical design is compatible with mechanical design
- Document electrical design changes
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with five or more years work experience related to;
- Experience with automotive electronic hardware design
- Vehicle electrical systems experience
- Experience with analog and digital circuit design
- Experience with power electronics and embedded control system design
- Experience with hardware and software design
- Experience with microprocessor based applications
- Simulation and modeling experience (Spice, Saber, Matlab, Simulink, etc.)
- Circuit board layout and EMC design experience
- Electronics lab skills using electronic test equipment and modification of electronic circuitry
- Knowledge of electronic manufacturing processes
- Strong technical documentation and verbal communication skills
- Some C, C++ programming skills
- Familiar with common computer applications – word, excel, PowerPoint, SVN, Perforce databases, etc.