Customer Program Manager
Business Development | San Jose, CA | Full Time
Tula Technology, Inc. is a Silicon Valley based supplier of Dynamic Skip Fire (DSF®), a software enabled powertrain technology that integrates advanced digital signal processing with sophisticated powertrain controls to create the ultimate variable displacement engine. Tula’s technology delivers optimal fuel efficiency across a wide range of engine types to the world’s automotive manufacturers, helping them meet fuel efficiency and CO2 mandates at the lowest cost. With headquarters in San Jose, CA, and an engineering center in Plymouth, MI, Tula brings together the best of Silicon Valley and automotive expertise, resulting in over 50 patents issued or allowed and over 80 U.S. and international patents pending.
Based in San Jose, CA, the Customer Program Manager is a key member of a small team that will be responsible for program management on Tula’s OEM powertrain programs, inside and outside the U.S.:
- Ideal candidate has 5 years’ experience in a PM role with regular, direct automotive customer communication, and management of automotive powertrain development with major OEM’s or tier one suppliers.
- Responsible to establish plans and assure Tula meets customer program goals with given customer – developing key PM attributes in scope, timing and risk, and elevating when needed to assure success.
- Candidate is required to understand current PM terms and concepts including program layout, timing, resources and risk analysis.
- Candidate is required to have a powertrain engineering background with understanding of current engine or transmission control system technologies such as torque structure with electronic throttle, variable camshaft operation, drivability, emissions and an understanding of current OBDII requirements.
- While candidate will have significant customer interaction and daily communication, he/she is also focused on assuring Tula’s Dynamic Skip Fire (DSF®) technology is integrated correctly for proper engine operation to achieve fuel consumption and NVH benefits.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including the ability to influence technical direction and make team decisions in customer programs.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Ability to travel (up to 50%) for customer onsite meetings anywhere in the world
- German or French language skills
- Experience with valve/cylinder de-activation engines
- Formal PM training and up to speed with CRM software