Systems Engineer (Cebu City)
Engineering | Cebu City, CV, Philippines | Full Time
Systems Engineer at TRUSTe in Cebu
TRUSTe is a highly recognized market leader on the Internet, specializing in privacy management solutions, enabling businesses to optimize their e-commerce, mobile, cloud, social, and advertising channels. We are best known for our green Certified Privacy Seal now displayed on over 4,000 websites (including Apple, Disney, Groupon, Verizon, and Zynga) and seen by millions of customers each year. We are experiencing rapid growth driven by the increased use of customer data to power new online channels like managing the privacy concerns of users related to targeted ads, mobile apps, and cloud services – and the corresponding demands from consumers and regulators for more transparency and control over this data usage. Businesses turn to TRUSTe to build / protect their brand, maintain compliance, and increase sales. We have strong financials, are backed by leading venture capital firms (including Accel), and have a deep and talented executive team including veterans from AOL, HP, Sun Microsystems, Double Click, Google, Verisign, and Yahoo. This position is located is located in Cebu at the brand new Insular Building connected to the Ayala Terraces. Learn more about TRUSTe at www.truste.com.
We feature a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment that places heavy emphasis on innovation, teamwork, and an ongoing commitment to making the internet a safe and productive place to do business. We work hard and we play hard. We have some unique benefits including a fully stocked kitchen; occasional island hopping boat trips and flex time where you can make your own work schedule and stock options. Of course we offer the traditional benefits – Excellent salaries, health insurance, life insurance and a bonus program. Most importantly, however, we are aiming to change the world and design the next generation of Internet infrastructure to make our world a safer and better place.
As a Systems Engineer you will work as a member of the technology team to manage an infrastructure that processes tens of billions of transactions per month. You will work with other engineering and operations team members in both Cebu and San Francisco to develop, maintain, and optimize TRUSTe’s production, QA and development infrastructure. In this role you will have the opportunity to assist in the ground-up design and data center architecture that supports TRUSTe’s next generation of products. This is a highly visible and challenging opportunity that will bring you to the next step in your career. Some travel to San Francisco, CA, USA may be required in this position.
- Linux server administration
- Linux server provisioning
- Management of server and network monitoring
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Find and fix defects/anomalies in various parts of our data infrastructure
- Identify opportunities for automation and develop scripts for automating routine tasks/testing automation scripts
- Assist in keeping the documentation of various procedures up to date on the wiki
- Assist with Continuous Integration
- Monitoring and alerting and responding to alerts
- Will work with engineers to deploy application code
- Linux, Debian or Ubuntu - You must understand what file descriptors are, how to tune sysctl settings and so forth
- Experience with iptables or similar IP packet filtering and NAT management tools
- Experience using revision control for management of server configurations, Subversion
- Experience with automation tools such as Cfengine or Puppet
- Experience with Monitoring, Nagios
- Database experience with MySQL or Postgresql
- Bash / Perl / Python scripting capabilities
- Webserver configuration – nginx
- Experience maintaining and setting up Tomcat servers
- Demonstrated experience with Infrastructure maintenance and provisioning
- Knowledge of SVN, Maven and Jenkins
- Experience with LDAP
- Coverage on DNS (DNS administration)
- Deployment and maintenance for cloud management systems (e.g. Amazon)
Setting up and maintaing noSQL Databases (e.g. Hadoop, Cassandra and MongoDB)
Experience with Amazon Web Services – autoscaling, ELB management and EBS storage management
To all recruitment agencies: TRUSTe does not accept unsolicited agency resumes without executing a staffing services agreement and commencing a specific search by TRUSTe’s human resources department. Please do not forward resumes to TRUSTe’s career jobs alias or its employees. TRUSTe is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.