Summer Legal Internship
Product Management | San Francisco, CA
TRUSTe Summer Legal Internship description
TRUSTe is developing a privacy management platform designed for privacy professionals to manage their internal policies against an ever-changing regulatory environment. This strategic initiative includes developing a controls database that maps regulations or a client’s internal policies to a set of actionable controls used to conduct a gap assessment between actual practices, and regulatory or internal requirements.
This internship will involve populating TRUSTe’s controls database with legal privacy regulations, and developing the controls companies need to have in place to comply. This also includes developing questions to help companies identify gaps between actual practices and required controls.
This is a full-time, six week, paid internship working out of TRUSTe’s San Francisco office that could lead to a longer term assignment. Report to Director of Product Policy.
- Be currently enrolled in the penultimate/final year of a full time LLB degree
- Have excellent legal analysis and research skills
- Excellent analytical skills, with an ability to see both detail and big picture issues
- Strong interest in recent developments in the field of Internet related privacy laws and policies
- Understanding of business or data management processes
- Strategic problem solving abilities
- Leadership role at university and/or external associations
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
About TRUSTe:TRUSTe is the market leader in Data Privacy Management solutions - enabling businesses to safely collect and use customer data to power their online channels (websites, apps, ads, etc.). Our market is growing rapidly, driven by increased compliance requirements and consumer privacy concerns. We are best known for the green “certified privacy” seal you see on over 5,000 websites worldwide, and also offer cloud-based website / app monitoring tools and ads compliance controls. We have 140+ employees, strong financials, are backed by leading VC firms, have a fun / vibrant work environment, and a great San Francisco location (4th / Market, near BART). Learn more at www.truste.com.
To all recruitment agencies: TRUSTe does not accept unsolicited agency resumes without executing a staffing services agreement and commencing a specific search by TRUSTe’s human resources department. Please do not forward resumes to TRUSTe’s career jobs alias or its employees. TRUSTe is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.