Lead mobile developer - iOS
Engineering | San Francisco, CA
We’re coding the future of privacy. Join us.
Engineering at TRUSTe means building cutting-edge data privacy platforms for thousands of companies around the world. The products we ship have a direct, immediate impact on the way millions of users access and control their personal information online. From scaling privacy notice and choice for billions of online ad impressions, to pioneering website crawling technology, our privacy platforms are helping to shape the future of big data.
At their core, we design our products to facilitate data transparency, accountability, and user choice. At the end of the day we're in the trust-building business, not the data-limiting business. We believe that privacy, done right, actually encourages the exchange of data by fostering trust. We have over 5,000 clients who share this vision and leverage our products to build trusted environments where users feel comfortable sharing data in exchange for goods, services, and personalized experiences.
Our new San Francisco headquarters reflect our company's work hard, play hard mentality. Conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, our offices sit directly adjacent to the Powell St. Muni and BART stop for easy commutes. We've got an outdoor ping-pong table and two spacious roof decks, a game room, and a well-stocked kitchen with plenty of caffeine and snacks to fuel coding binges. For after hours fun, join-in on regular company hacking events and happy hours (did we mention we have a kegerator on premises?). And, of course, we offer competitive salaries, bonuses, stock options, and full benefits. At TRUSTe work/life balance is a reality here with our Endless Summer program that allows you to take a reasonable amount of paid time away from the office for any personal need. To show we mean business, we hold a quarterly raffle where the winner must take a week off and TRUSTe will add $1,000 to your paycheck to cover vacation expenses. Apply today to join the TRUSTe team! Learn more at www.Truste.com
TRUSTe is seeking a lead mobile developer to revolutionize mobile privacy. The ideal candidate can build cutting edge consumer facing,data-driven applications, provide architectural vision and hands-on technical leadership to build applications for iOS and Android platforms. If working on mobile devices, informing and enhancing user privacy, delivering excellent user experience and delivering on an aggressive schedule motivates you, then we want to talk to you.
The right candidate will have a demonstrable track record of successfully building and supporting high quality, innovative applications,products, and services for a consumer-oriented company. We’re looking for that engineer with expert level, hands-on technical expertise. Someone who is a self-motivated team player that drives his/her own work while keeping an eye on the overall business objectives. This person will have a stake in multiple areas within the company so an astute ability to collaborate with internal and external technology experts including Back-end Java Engineers, Web Developers and Product Managers is needed.
- Develop applications from product and graphic design specifications to complete product on the iOS platform
- Rapidly iterate and ship an iOS application working with cross-functional stakeholders
- Understand web service interfaces and integrate them into mobile applications
- Help define new product requirements, features, and functionality
- Keep abreast of industry trends and technologies, and be prepared to apply them quickly
- BS in Computer Science with 5+ years industry experience
- 3+ yrs of in depth mobile development experience on iOS. (Android experience is a plus)
- At least 1 significant application shipped & approved in the iTunes App Store
- Strong understanding of the iOS development environment and SDKs, including XCode, Interface Builder, and Instruments
- Strong experience profiling and optimizing memory usage issues, and optimizing code for performance
- A good understanding of mobile programming environments, browsers & technologies and the experience to separate presentation and content
- Experience in designing and developing applications to be displayed on mobile devices
- Must have a strong sense for quality user experience
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurancex
- MS or PhD in Computer Science from a top university
- HTML5 conceptual understanding and prototyping skills
- Knowledgeable of the latest trends in mobile app development, ads & privacy
To all recruitment agencies: TRUSTe does not accept unsolicited agency resumes without executing a staffing services agreement and commencing a specific search by TRUSTe’s human resources department. Please do not forward resumes to TRUSTe’s career jobs alias or its employees. TRUSTe is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.