Engineering Manager - Cebu City, Philippines
Engineering | Cebu City, CV, Philippines | Full Time
TRUSTe is the market leader in privacy management solutions, enabling businesses to optimize their e-commerce, mobile, cloud, social, and advertising channels. We are best known for our green Certified Privacy Seal now displayed on over 4,000 websites (including Apple, Disney, Groupon, Verizon, and Zynga) and seen by millions of customers each year. We are experiencing rapid growth driven by the increased use of customer data to power new online channels like targeted ads, mobile apps, and cloud services – and the corresponding demands from consumers and regulators for more transparency and control over this data usage. Businesses turn to TRUSTe to build / protect their brand, maintain compliance, and increase sales. We have strong financials, are backed by leading venture capital firms (including Accel), and have a deep and talented executive team including veterans from AOL, HP, Double Click, Google, VeriSign, and Yahoo. Learn more at www.truste.com.
We feature a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment that places heavy emphasis on innovation, teamwork, and an ongoing commitment to making the internet a safe and productive place to do business. We work hard and we play hard. We offer the traditional benefits – health insurance and a competitive base and bonus program.
TRUSTe is looking for an engineering manager to manage its Cebu (Philippines) engineering team. The individual must be highly effective in an agile environment and able to motivate and mentor both senior and junior software engineers, web developers, infrastructure engineers and QA engineers. This person must work collaboratively with the San Francisco main office to ensure visibility and clarity of product deliverables and quality. The candidate will work directly with product management, program management, sales and marketing on product delivery. Reports to Managing Director.
- Work with the Managing director of the Cebu office on overall engineering management
- Work with the program managers of both the Cebu and SF offices to ensure visibility, consistency, and timely delivery of designated product roadmap features
- Manage several agile engineering teams focusing on product delivery
- Work on the ads compliance and other privacy-related products and services
- Mentor project leads, developers and QA and infrastructure engineers
- Serve as key/senior technologist for the Cebu engineering organization
- Facilitate technology/design discussions and sessions with the engineering team
- Create a model development process that will scale as the organization, company and business scales
- Experience of working in a start-up environment preferred
- Self starter able to proactively solve problems and work without much supervision as a the sole developer on a major feature area
- Ability to design, develop, iterate on a rapid basis
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Understanding of latest innovations, trends and emerging technologies
- 5 plus years experience as an engineering manager at a start-up/fast growing enterprise.
- 5 plus years experience as a developer (Java, C/C++)
- Strong understanding of Java’s threading and memory models.
- Proficiency with basic algorithms and data structures and relevant time/storage tradeoffs.
- Working knowledge of GWT, Hibernate and Spring MVC
- Deep understanding of SQL and data storage technologies
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Computer Science
- Experience developing web services APIs and clients
To all recruitment agencies: TRUSTe does not accept unsolicited agency resumes without executing a staffing services agreement and commencing a specific search by TRUSTe’s human resources department. Please do not forward resumes to TRUSTe’s career jobs alias or its employees. TRUSTe is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.