Director, PR and Corporate Communications
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
TRUSTe is the market leader in privacy management solutions, enabling businesses to optimize their e-commerce, mobile, cloud, social, and advertising channels. We are best known for our green Certified Privacy Seal now displayed on over 4,000 websites (including Apple, Disney, Groupon, Verizon, and Zynga) and seen bymillions of customers each year. We are experiencing rapid growth driven by the increased use of customer data to power new online channels like targeted ads, mobile apps, and cloud services – and the corresponding demands from consumers and regulators for more transparency and control over this data usage. Businesses turn to TRUSTe to build / protect their brand, maintain compliance, and increase sales. We have strong financials, are backed by leading venture capital firms (including Accel), and have a deep and talented executive team including veterans from AOL, HP, Double Click, Google, VeriSign, and Yahoo. Learn more at www.truste.com.
Our new San Francisco headquarters reflect our company's work hard, play hard mentality. Conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, our offices sit directly adjacent to the Powell St. Muni and BART stop for easy commutes. We've got an outdoor ping-pong table and two spacious roof decks, a game room, a tranquility room to chill out in, and a well-stocked kitchen with plenty of caffeine and snacks to fuel your day. For after hours fun, join-in on regular company hacking events and happy hours (did we mention we have a kegerator on premises?). And, of course, we offer competitive salaries, bonuses, stock options, 401(k) with a match and full benefits. Last, but certainly not least, at TRUSTe work/life balance is a reality here with our Endless Summer program that allows you to take a reasonable amount of paid time away from the office for any personal need. To show we mean business, we hold a quarterly raffle where the winner must take a week off and TRUSTe will add $1,000 to your paycheck to cover vacation expenses. Apply today to join the TRUSTe team!
We are looking for a marketing leader who has proven experience building and managing a world class corporate communications program in a fast-paced high tech market. You will define the strategy and lead the execution of our communications plans including relationships with press, analysts, and industry influencers – as well as create and manage our client reference programs. You will work closely with our executive team, marketing / product teams, and manage outside agencies and contractors. The position reports to the VP of Marketing and encompasses:
- Press Relations (40%) – Define and execute programs yielding high quality coverage in target publications (manage external PR agency relationship). Objectives include thought leadership, brand awareness, and product demand generation.
- Client Programs (25%) – Develop and manage programs to leverage TRUSTe’s extensive client base as a key asset in our go to market strategy. Examples include reference accounts, case studies, joint speaking engagements, customer advisory boards, and a global user group event.
- Industry Relations (20%) – Develop and foster relationships with key industry associations, yielding conference speaking opportunities and other joint promotion opportunities – establish TRUSTe as the recognized thought leader (IAB, ANA, DMA, DAA, etc.).
- Analyst Relations (15%) – Establish and manage relationships with key analysts to support corporate strategy to establish a Data Privacy Management category and position TRUSTe as the industry leader (Forrester, Gartner, etc.).
Qualifications and Requirements
- BA / BS required, MBA preferred
- 10+years marketing communications experience – prefer enterprise SaaS solutions
- Experience with a regulatory / compliance or security related market a big plus
- 5+ years experience managing press relations and industry analyst relations
- Experience developing successful client reference and advisory board programs
- Excellent writing and messaging skills
- Excellent teamwork skills, high energy, self-starter, can-do attitude, love networking
To all recruitment agencies: TRUSTe does not accept unsolicited agency resumes without executing a staffing services agreement and commencing a specific search by TRUSTe’s human resources department. Please do not forward resumes to TRUSTe’s career jobs alias or its employees. TRUSTe is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.